GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Orlando MKV's Representing

trevor

Southeast Forum Dictator
Car(s)
Subaru WRX STI
well thats in debate, between 930 and ten...and if they decrease break performance why do high end manufacturers put them in their cars?

because they go 200mph.

BetaOp9

Banned
because they go 200mph.

Lol, sounds like you have something personal against xdrilled rotors.

...and if they decrease break performance why do high end manufacturers put them in their cars?

The higher end applications use them for the before mentioned reasons, like releasing built up gases, quicker cooling, as well as keeping a smooth brake pad for maximum contact surface preventing grooves and such from forming as well as cleaning the pads. The more harsh your braking conditions and depending on your brake pad compounds and overall setup, this becomes more and more important. Our cars, stock, really don't NEED this setup because of the real lack of hard braking and the brake compounds used on most passenger vehicles. Just like the GTI doesnt NEED to be lowered to increase the handling. Many people notice only a small amount of difference other than looks. Hell what is the motive for 85% of the lowering jobs done here? To remove the wheel gap.

I see no drawbacks other than the spending money part. With a set of sexy open wheels, it becomes WELL worth the money in my opinion. I'm a details kind of guy, and that says 'detailed'. To each their own.

I had the Baer Decelarotors on my 2003 Dodge RAM 1500 Quadcab /w 5.7L HEMI and tossed on some Ceramic Hawk Pads for stopping power. I wanted to make sure the heavy beast stopped when I needed it to. It made a difference, mainly from the ceramic pads, but I wanted a tougher rotor as well that would not warp like the OEM rotors were known to with the 20" wheels.

Last edited:

Plyngntrffc

FIA GT Newbie
Car(s)
2006 VW GTI
beepers n phones across from the fashion square mall on 50...945 ill prolly get there...

update...got my resonator deleted today :)...score...so yeah...whose up for denny's after bnp

djadama

Ready to race!
maybe...and adam...i got my resonator deleted, so if u wanna hear it 2night...u should come to beepers n phones...

Ahh, sweet!! I would love to go up to BnP but Im taking care of girlfriend tonight (Back Surgery). :frown:

Anyways, how do you like it???

BetaOp9

Banned
I'm heading out there tonight, although it is raining right now [where do you guys normally meet for rainouts? if at all]. Not sure if I'll be able to stop by home before the meet to check ofr a reply to this. I'll have my cell if it gets cancelled or moved. 863 521 46 37 You can send a text if you want.

I'm bringing my Nikon D70s out with a nice 50mm f1.4 lens. Bad thing is it's a pretty tight shot because of the crop factor of the D70s, but technical crap aside, I bet I could squeeze out some sweet night shots especially with some wet cars.

- Shawn

Jibbly

Level 50 Ninja Pirate
shutup jibbly, ur vote doesnt count...ur not even in the state...and dont hate the people that can drink just b/c ur 18 doesnt mean u have to take out your aggressions on the rest of us...

Woah... Easy now, buddy...

Anyway.. I really wanted to make it out to that Martins thing, in Tavares... I was gonna go out with a bunch of Volkswagen guys from a German Car shop near my house. I'm not gonna be back into town until 10 or 11pm...

BetaOp9

Banned
Tonights Photo's: They turned out crappy, very blurry even with the tripod. It was too light duty and just pressing the shutter button made it vibrate. I'll do it again except have the gear I need like a heavier tripod and a remote. Wasn't sure what to expect, if I'd even take pictures at all.

I'm currently converting them to jpg format [from raw] for editing, but they are pretty much useless IMO. If you want to use em for temp then go for it.

We have to do a planned shoot next time.

Update this when I get them uploaded

Updated: Here is the URL. You'll notice they're ok in thumbnail form. http://daoc.nrgservers.net/cflmkv090906/ <-- currently uploading now, so wait for it if stuff is missing.

Last edited:

Nikerey

Darkness
Tonights Photo's: They turned out crappy, very blurry even with the tripod. It was too light duty and just pressing the shutter button made it vibrate. I'll do it again except have the gear I need like a heavier tripod and a remote. Wasn't sure what to expect, if I'd even take pictures at all.

I'm currently converting them to jpg format [from raw] for editing, but they are pretty much useless IMO. If you want to use em for temp then go for it.

We have to do a planned shoot next time.

Update this when I get them uploaded

Updated: Here is the URL. You'll notice they're ok in thumbnail form. http://daoc.nrgservers.net/cflmkv090906/ <-- currently uploading now, so wait for it if stuff is missing.

Holy crap these are the most massive pictures ever....but i think they will work for the small banners we need.

BetaOp9

Banned
Had a thought for a personalize plate, and wanted to see if it would work? Here is the DMV's plate availability page. It's not really that much to get a personalized tag, I paid like $50-$60 and then every year it's like $12 more.

I got ERA GON [the book] on the Florida Hospital of Health Science tag. Should be sexy. Yes I loved the book Eragon and recommend it highly for anyone who likes fantasy. I was going to do GTI MKV [which is still available] but I let the geek get the best of me.

https://www6.hsmv.state.fl.us/mvcheck/platecheck/main.jsp