GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Orlando MKV's Representing

Jibbly

Level 50 Ninja Pirate
Why are you here? Isn't it Wednesday night at 8:30 right now? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought there was no time difference. =P

Jibbly

Level 50 Ninja Pirate
Ah...

Anyway, after checking out the MS3. I have to say, I think it's quite awesome. For less than my car, I could've gotten 280 Torque, 260 HP and navigation. I'd like to find out what my insurance payment would look like in one of those. =P

Plyngntrffc

FIA GT Newbie
Car(s)
2006 VW GTI
its funny in the review, they were commenting that its hilarous, they open up the engine so it puts out crazy #'s and then use computer programs to lessen the power around corners and other hard driving conditions...wtf...if ur gonna open her up...open her up...theyre like thats a crazy lesson in futility...

jaydubz

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
its funny in the review, they were commenting that its hilarous, they open up the engine so it puts out crazy #'s and then use computer programs to lessen the power around corners and other hard driving conditions...wtf...if ur gonna open her up...open her up...theyre like thats a crazy lesson in futility...

the good thing about Mazdaspeed is that they are a very complete tuning sector. They did a great job on the Miata and the Protege. I am not completely serious about the 3, but as I think about it the power would be insane. I would have to get a r32 to get close to that in a dub, plus the price is just right! But we'll see when it gets here.

Plyngntrffc

FIA GT Newbie
Car(s)
2006 VW GTI
ivan, can u come to ecco 2morrow, to share bout the tire stuff, and maybe shed some light on the rotors thing...

trevor

Southeast Forum Dictator
Car(s)
Subaru WRX STI
josh, cross drilled rotors are retarded on our GTI's. You will not decrease braking distance with cross drilled or slotted rotors. The entire point of cross drilled rotors are to cool the brakes better. I guarantee that the stock rotors are EASILY good enough for anything you're going to put them through. If you want REAL brake performance, get a set of steel braided brake lines and some good brake pads. :thumbsup:

You WILL notice a difference

BetaOp9

Banned
josh, cross drilled rotors are retarded on our GTI's. You will not decrease braking distance with cross drilled or slotted rotors. The entire point of cross drilled rotors are to cool the brakes better. I guarantee that the stock rotors are EASILY good enough for anything you're going to put them through. If you want REAL brake performance, get a set of steel braided brake lines and some good brake pads. :thumbsup:

You WILL notice a difference

X-Drilled rotors are sexy. Thats the main purpose these days. Used to be to keep the brakes cooler and release built up gases from under the pad, but not really with today's compounds.

I am going to buy a full set of x-drilled rotors for sex appeal. Waste of money? If you think so hehe. Some people might think a new set of wheels is a waste of money and the 'stock' ones are fine. I don't but ya know what i mean. It's all about taste.

I do agree on the steel brake lines and higher quality brake pads. They will give you good increase of performance for the money. Top it off with a set of x-drilled rotors and you'll have one hot hatch. Thats my opinion.

What is ECCO?

Last edited:

trevor

Southeast Forum Dictator
Car(s)
Subaru WRX STI
X-Drilled rotors are sexy. Thats the main purpose these days. Used to be to keep the brakes cooler and release built up gases from under the pad, but not really with today's compounds.

I am going to buy a full set of x-drilled rotors for sex appeal. Waste of money? If you think so hehe. Some people might think a new set of wheels is a waste of money and the 'stock' ones are fine. I don't but ya know what i mean. It's all about taste.

I do agree on the steel brake lines and higher quality brake pads. They will give you good increase of performance for the money. Top it off with a set of x-drilled rotors and you'll have one hot hatch. Thats my opinion.

What is ECCO?

they look dumb to me because you're decreasing braking performance :iono: