GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Obsess Much? - Things that annoy or distract you about anything to do with your MKV

nintendodude

Banned
Car(s)
Jetta
the fact taht people are really FUCKING ignorant when they open their car doors.. i seriously have like 15 dings on the side of my gti because people are so dumb!

oh i also hate people that drive drunk... yes. they backed into my car with a Crappy Road-Vehicle ( CR-V ) now i need a new hood... thanks assholes.

positive spin:

get a boser!

Usually idiots who are used to their crap american cars will SLAM the door shut. I guess they are used to having to kick their door shut on their beater.

3rdGTI

Ready to race!
I though the fact that more than half of my take-home goes to my mortgage was bad, even if my wife also makes a good salary. Sorry, but spending half your salary on your car is idiotic.

nintendodude

Banned
Car(s)
Jetta
I though the fact that more than half of my take-home goes to my mortgage was bad, even if my wife also makes a good salary. Sorry, but spending half your salary on your car is idiotic.

ok, lets say you make 22K a year and the GTI cost 22 K. your monthly pay is about 1400 (roughly)

your car payment is ... 500?

that is 100% salary one way, but less than half monthly. which way are you guys trying to say this?

FaLLeNAn9eL

JESUS HATES FLAT TIRE
positive spin:

get a boser!

Usually idiots who are used to their crap american cars will SLAM the door shut. I guess they are used to having to kick their door shut on their beater.

I don't think a Honda CR-V with a Boser hood would look very good.

3rdGTI

Ready to race!
I guess I would say a couple of things - 1) if you make $22k a year, you shouldn't buy a $22K car (I'm not sure how you would even get it financed), and 2) if your monthly payment is $500 a month on a GTI I assume you were unable to put anything down, so you are probably upside down on the loan as soon as you sign the papers, also doesn't make too much sense.

I hate to come off as the old guy lecturing people about financial responsibility, but it seems like some of you are heading down the wrong path at a young age.

UberJAY

Go Kart Champion
i have a stupid ass rattle in my glove box or around there...AND I CAN NOT FIND what the hell it is

blackmagic08

PP-ASEL
i have a 2 Door and i hate it when people cannot figure out how to move the seat forward and their pullin and yankin on the seat and pumping the height adjuster and i'm like, just pull the fuckin handle.

or when someone is in the front seat and they keep toying with the center armrest, moving it back and forth like "oooh this thing moves" it's like c'mon.

I don't know why but the way you described the seat thing was a true LOL.

As it is currently freakin winter I have to agree with the knocking you shoes off thing, I always put my butt in first then bang my shoes together outside, thats what makes sense to me. I guess we have to face that while cars are important to us many people just see it as pure transportation and aren't thinking about the things that piss us off. A little common courtesy never hurts, however.

blackmagic08

PP-ASEL
Rattles in the doors when music is barely loud and that my sunglasses don't fit in the "sunglass compartment"

x2

I tried taking the rubber thing out of the sunglass hole and they fit but rattled around too much.

And as for the outer seat bolster, I truly worry about how that thing will fare over time. Its quite the challenge not to crusH it when getting out.

Khobin~

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'07 GTI, '97 YZF600R
Yeah, the slamming my car door... I have snapped at people a few times for that... :biggrin:

Oh, and for the post about parking in view... yeah I do that do sometimes, depending on what sort of restaurant/area/neighborhood... :biggrin:

THe other one is one I did a lot last year, but for some reason this year I haven't been as vigilant...

Scrapped the wheel wells out when I park... you know, all the dirt/salt/snow that gets packed in there as you drive. (well those of you experiencing "winter" should know :biggrin:)

And I don't mean when it gets so packed solid that the wheel can't spin (happened to a friend once, lol), I mean everyday, no matter how little snow was actually stuck in there, I would have to clean it out. :bellyroll:

FaLLeNAn9eL

JESUS HATES FLAT TIRE
The one thing that pisses me off more than anything is when my passenger flips the door open without checking the curb.

Door flings open and you hear a god awful scraping noise.

nintendodude

Banned
Car(s)
Jetta
The one thing that pisses me off more than anything is when my passenger flips the door open without checking the curb.

Door flings open and you hear a god awful scraping noise.

I was gonna ask about that. how do you "low" people open the door next to a curb without rubbing? dont park next to curbs?

rockstars

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 Volkswagen GTI
just be happy you're not this guy

First, this guy has a major case of camel toe/moose knuckle for being crouched the way he is. LOL

This is gonna sound bad.

I really hate how cum sticks to these seats. :iono:

Here comes the gay jokes..."All the gay sex is really ruining my interior...:lol:" but no, seriously...

I have leather seats, a GF I have been with for more then 2 years, and plastic wrap is for leftovers.

I don't think gay jokes would have been appropriate here. Gay guys don't have to worry about cum sticking to the seats. We typically swallow, spit, or make the other interested party cum on himself, not the seats! Trust me. ;)

She's been with you for two years and won't go all the way with that? Time for a new GF, I think. That's sorta a deal breaker. LOL

blackmagic08

PP-ASEL
I guess we know what "go kart newbie" means now... Or not. Just an observation.

RVExotics

Passed Driver's Ed
Actually I think it just means a person doesn't have many posts under his/her belt. If you're looking for correlation...well I can't help you. I don't do interior design, I used to maintain a huge collection of highly dangerous snakes, and I get more wood for the low rumble of a big displacement engine in a Euro luxury car than I do for a hot guy. I guess I'm not typical.