GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New gauge pod, need to know if there is enough demand

AutoXinMK5

Touring Car Champion
alf said:
that canadian money.

Oh... that's still like $350 USD... I guess it's not TOO bad... but for a lil fiberglass piece like that?

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
AutoXinMK5 said:
Oh... that's still like $350 USD... I guess it's not TOO bad... but for a lil fiberglass piece like that?
yea eff that i wouldnt pay 350 for a little piece like that.

id do the awe gauge with the gauge included for 189.

RedlineMotorworks

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2007 BMP GTI
alf said:
yea eff that i wouldnt pay 350 for a little piece like that.

id do the awe gauge with the gauge included for 189.

even though I'd take the Awe gauge over the newsouth performance one, I still love the look of the triple pod way more than the vent mount.

Triple pod mount > Osir bracket > AWE > newsouth

Oscar

Touring Car Newbie
not all of you have been following i was gonna try and go a fiberglass model for the first test fights and such then move from there then do a mold and get it plastic injected to make it look oem. im shelling out the 400 for hte fiberglass test model to see if it will work . you will not be paying 400 just for the 3 pod holder

etang789

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
MKV GTI
the first one is the best, a version that looks like the subaru defi one is great also. but the cardboard one you make is too tacky not clean enough for my taste plus right hand side driver like me wont buy it.

Oscar

Touring Car Newbie
we could some how make it universal some how just so that it could work both ways, or have it so its just pointing straight out the middle as in this setup. Preferable if its out the middle it will be easyer cause then it can work with you right hand guys as well. plus that will be ten times easy to make it out of fiberglass, bringing my cost and your guys cost down as well.
**the final product that will be put into production will not be made out of fiberglass it will be made out of injected plastic that looks and feels OEM**

gunnipanik

Oval Champion
Oscar said:
**the final product that will be put into production will not be made out of fiberglass it will be made out of injected plastic that looks and feels OEM**

Ok sorry but I'm confused .. so the pic you're posting is the final product? Wth is "injected plastic" :confused:

Oscar

Touring Car Newbie
no okay im gonna do it fully updated post right now

Started off with the idea, to make something that would look oem and be functional. i first got the idea from this car that i saw

i then went and made my protttype that was extremely rough and not to well thought out which turned out like this.

But then realized it would be no good for the right hand drivers cause of it facing to the left, i also had the idea of making something like a subaru one, but that was to flared and did not suit our interior, here is a picture.

I then tried to make my own gauge pod from fiberglass which did not turn out so well so i scrapped the whole project, and went to a shop to ask for a price at $400 i wasnt gonna shell that out, so i found a friend that fiberglasses, and he is goin to teach me how to do it.

after that is done i will take it to a shop and put the money down, and a get a autocad design made, and then from there i would get the CNC machined block of aluminum intot he mold that i wanted, and then it would be put into a production.

They would use hot plastic which would be injected into the mold, and about 2 mins later, drumm rolll pleasseeee

Taadaaa i will have the finished product.

There is a timeline so far i have only reached the fiberglassing part, and hopefully after this the price doesnt get to expensive.

Cheers for Now and will hopfully get this done soon.

Oscar

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I think you could also just design it out of clay. Then the auto cad can still scan it and it would be easier for you to make. Just a thought since you are having a hard time with fiberglass.

Oscar

Touring Car Newbie
hey not a bad idea i will see how this one does with the fiber glass if not ill hit the clay

Oscar

Touring Car Newbie
ok well i finally got some money under my belt, and hopefully for any canadian cars you should be able to see this by the time GC rolls around