GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New gauge pod, need to know if there is enough demand

Oscar

Touring Car Newbie
Again if you do not mind please just send an email to with

1. Name, and where you are located
2. single, double, or triple pod.'
3. and if you would like to list any other ideas.

My email is golfmkv@gmail.com

if you do not mind.

Cheers Oscar

Last edited:

AutoXinMK5

Touring Car Champion
E-mails for opinions or actual "order" type things?

DubDriver17

Oval Newbie
This gauge pod is like a microwave, there will be one in every house if its made. And of course by this I mean that a pod that looks that good would be in every mkv. I mean, look how good the beetle 3 gauge pod came out.:thumbsup:

Oscar

Touring Car Newbie
DubDriver17 said:
This gauge pod is like a microwave, there will be one in every house if its made. And of course by this I mean that a pod that looks that good would be in every mkv. I mean, look how good the beetle 3 gauge pod came out.:thumbsup:
Hahah i like that analogy

I made a template, a really crappy one tonight out of cardboard just to get an idea, i will post pics later

jerm5

69=dinner for 2
i would buy one but i think it would look better if the faces were black and backlit the same color as out gauges are already. give it that more "from the factory" look you know?

DubDriver17

Oval Newbie
Just buy Omori gauges, they are the same company that makes the AWE gauges. They have a factory look, and are really nice lookin. If someone makes the pod, I'll buy my own gauges for it.

Oscar

Touring Car Newbie
yes omori gauges are the best planining on the 52mm gauges, and we might do a package with guages and without.

Oscar

Touring Car Newbie
Well i got shut down on the vortex because that im not a advertiser so i can not advertise my own parts but i got some pics from the drive to work and in the driveway at home. ( Please if any moderators are out there, if this does break some rules by posting here please let me know, and what i can do to resolve that please and thank you.)

Here are the pics sorry for the pod being shitty i did it quickly out of cardboard, and its done so that you can get an idea of how the pods will be tilted towards the driver, also i would have instead of having the pod end inside the cubby hole it would smoth out and blend into the dash.

All the pictures are from about my eye level so that you can see it does not block any of your driving view, the only problem is if you have a flip out dvd as shown in the 1st picture, you are goin to need to have it moved to the second din so that you can see all your gauges completely, also sorry for the shitty picture done while driving and with my camera phone.

Cheers Oscar

Let me know what you think ?

DubDriver17

Oval Newbie
Looks good so far, I understand that it is a very rough mock up of what yo plan to be final but a very good start. Go with it.

Oscar

Touring Car Newbie
Ya very rough mock up, but so that you guys could get an idea of what it would look like.

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
lol, nice looks almost like the 350Z dash, i think that would look great. id be definantly interested.