GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NASA ST MKV Build

TheThreeFitty

The Anti-stance
Car(s)
MKV GTI, 987 Cayman
GTI builds on hold for a little bit. Been traveling and working on the chump car. And purchasing a house with a 40x40 garage and 2 post lift. That should help work happen a little quicker once I move.

Finished up the chump car's updates pretty much for the season. New brakes on it are great. VR tuned up. Momo Containment seat in. New theme is needed and some other mild updates and its race ready.

I'll post some pics once everything is moved and work begins again over there.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Looking forward to more progress. I grew up in northern PA and went to undergrad in Edinboro. I don't miss the snow.

miamirice

Ready to race!
GTI builds on hold for a little bit. Been traveling and working on the chump car. And purchasing a house with a 40x40 garage and 2 post lift. That should help work happen a little quicker once I move.

Finished up the chump car's updates pretty much for the season. New brakes on it are great. VR tuned up. Momo Containment seat in. New theme is needed and some other mild updates and its race ready.

I'll post some pics once everything is moved and work begins again over there.

I have major garage envy! Any chance you guys will bring your chumpcar to Daytona? It's an awesome event, over 100 cars with some pro's in the mix.

alemagno

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi,
The N216 valve gave up during an autocross today. Do you have one by any chance or do you know where to get one quickly? I have some track time scheduled in 2 weeks.

Regards
Christian

Got some time to get the dash and everything out. Running and cooling well and all gears work.

Dash and heater box was a good chunk of work to get our clean finding all the bolts and where to disconnect stuff. Bentley manual didn't show too how it came apart.

TheThreeFitty

The Anti-stance
Car(s)
MKV GTI, 987 Cayman
Back alive....

Had some quality time in the new garage and am glad to say the car is ready to go minus an alignment. Splitter needs to be made still but that will come in time.

Car ended up weighing autocross ready 1/2 tank of fuel (still glass no lexan yet) 2754 with me in it. Should be pretty interesting fun especially with the 275's and K04 on race gas.

First event is a local autocross June 7 to shake it down.

In other news I acquired a NA Miata for a fun bomb around the streets car and possible ice race vehicle.

Chumpcar is awaiting a new headgasket to be installed as that blew in our testing.

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
That looks mean! I'm sure it will be a blast to race.

rcngmtry

Middle of the pack
Back alive....

Had some quality time in the new garage and am glad to say the car is ready to go minus an alignment. Splitter needs to be made still but that will come in time.

Car ended up weighing autocross ready 1/2 tank of fuel (still glass no lexan yet) 2754 with me in it. Should be pretty interesting fun especially with the 275's and K04 on race gas.

First event is a local autocross June 7 to shake it down.

In other news I acquired a NA Miata for a fun bomb around the streets car and possible ice race vehicle.

Chumpcar is awaiting a new headgasket to be installed as that blew in our testing.

Looks really great! Looking forward to see how it fairs in SMF. I have a feeling with the right setup and driver MKV could take on the Hondas.
Did you leave anything in the car to get to that weight? Impressive that it lost over 700lbs.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
So happy to see this alive again! Good luck this season, I hope it proves to be a trouble free and successful one! I'mgoing to have to live vvicariously through you ad mine is down before the season even started :cry:

Keep us updated as to how the car performs and how you do. Any big changes since the llast update?

TheThreeFitty

The Anti-stance
Car(s)
MKV GTI, 987 Cayman
The car isnt classed as SMF any more. More build as a prep for the cage and for NASA now but with the house purchase the cage is on hold so the car will be ran in EP for autocross for now (new number panel on the way)

Other things completed were a bunch of odds and ends with underbody pieces, hood pins, making the new seat brackets and cleaning up some wiring. The inner door panels are cut in prep for door bars being there. Just a lot of finishing up work was done.

Very excited to shake it down next weekend.

The bone stock 90hp Miata on all seasons the last local event was a little to slow and rollie for me. Also with the lack of tires and an unknown alignment it loved to understeer.

rcngmtry

Middle of the pack
The car isnt classed as SMF any more. More build as a prep for the cage and for NASA now but with the house purchase the cage is on hold so the car will be ran in EP for autocross for now (new number panel on the way)

Other things completed were a bunch of odds and ends with underbody pieces, hood pins, making the new seat brackets and cleaning up some wiring. The inner door panels are cut in prep for door bars being there. Just a lot of finishing up work was done.

Very excited to shake it down next weekend.

The bone stock 90hp Miata on all seasons the last local event was a little to slow and rollie for me. Also with the lack of tires and an unknown alignment it loved to understeer.

Too bad no more SMF. Good luck in EP and glad you stuck with the car after the accident.

TheThreeFitty

The Anti-stance
Car(s)
MKV GTI, 987 Cayman
Went through the classing with the car its FP not EP... not an autocross build anyway.

But car ran flawlessly and was great fun the first event out.

Ended up taking FTD over anything else by 3 seconds on the 45 second course. The Maxxis seem to be doing just as they were intended to do. They grip pretty decent (R888 like) but are lasting long. Great for shaking down the car and being on a budget this year. Still have the itch for a set of 275 Hoosiers... but that will come in time. House and getting it back to track duty are higher on the priority list.

Anyway more fun to come and progress to be made. Plans are splitter. Talking to Bronson about an updated tune and a DSG tune.

Pics for clicks.