GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My stage 3 WMI thread

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
Received my TB spacer yesterday:
Going to install the nozzle tonight and hopefully be able to install the spacer this weekend.

RRacerguy717

Go Kart Champion
Received my TB spacer yesterday:
Going to install the nozzle tonight and hopefully be able to install the spacer this weekend.

Nice.!!!!! I'm lucky he basically local and a short drive into nyc . So people know reading this thread when you order your spacer let Arnold know what type of nozzle or and meaurements and I'm sure he can machine a relief cut or countersink. Mostly everything he does are one off / standard lol and nothing is standard he takes a little longer but worth the wait. Great guy and shop to work with where quality is most important. Good luck with the Install. Bob. G :thumbsup:

brekdown29

J-O-O
Car(s)
GTI 7.5
I just received the USRT TB spacer and dual nozzle kit. Fortunately, it's the newer version of the spacer with the notch. I'll be getting the Snow FSI kit here shortly with 60cc and 100cc nozzles.

Also, anyone else use HEET (yellow bottle) to make their meth? Scott from USRT told me that 2 bottles of HEET mixed with 1/2 gallon of distilled water makes nearly a perfect 50/50 mix.

sfvalleygti

Passed Driver's Ed
I just received the USRT TB spacer and dual nozzle kit. Fortunately, it's the newer version of the spacer with the notch. I'll be getting the Snow FSI kit here shortly with 60cc and 100cc nozzles.

Also, anyone else use HEET (yellow bottle) to make their meth? Scott from USRT told me that 2 bottles of HEET mixed with 1/2 gallon of distilled water makes nearly a perfect 50/50 mix.

Why did you get 60cc and 100cc nozzles? USRT told me that for a stage 2 car they recommend 100cc and 175cc.

steelcurtain

Go Kart Champion

Nice, please post your feedback after install so it can be a good source of data for the thread.

I may have to try that blend. I can't source meth thru my regular shop till next month and I'm running out. The other shop has it but it is with lube. Probably wouldn't matter since the concentration is minimal. Dunno, thoughts anyone?

Why did you get 60cc and 100cc nozzles? USRT told me that for a stage 2 car they recommend 100cc and 175cc.

I can't agree more.

Good thread.cool car

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

brekdown29

J-O-O
Car(s)
GTI 7.5

Scott @ USRT is the one who suggested those sizes to me once I told him my current setup. I also asked a local shop that has an account with Snow and is intimate with WMI and he agreed with that sizing.

For a single nozzle, the recommendation was 175cc pre TB for maximum cooling (being that I live in Phoenix), but I wanted the additional octane boost benefits of the post-TB nozzle. I've also been informed that it is better to use smaller nozzles at higher pressures rather than larger nozzles at reduced pressures.

I don't claim to know what's best since I've never tried various sizes but it seems to me that 100 and 175cc would be overkill. Plus, I'm very cognizant of the TB failures so I'd rather have a smaller nozzle with a narrower spray pre-TB.

steelcurtain

Go Kart Champion
Scott @ USRT is the one who suggested those sizes to me once I told him my current setup. I also asked a local shop that has an account with Snow and is intimate with WMI and he agreed with that sizing.

For a single nozzle, the recommendation was 175cc pre TB for maximum cooling (being that I live in Phoenix), but I wanted the additional octane boost benefits of the post-TB nozzle. I've also been informed that it is better to use smaller nozzles at higher pressures rather than larger nozzles at reduced pressures.

I don't claim to know what's best since I've never tried various sizes but it seems to me that 100 and 175cc would be overkill. Plus, I'm very cognizant of the TB failures so I'd rather have a smaller nozzle with a narrower spray pre-TB.

What psi do they recommend?

sfvalleygti

Passed Driver's Ed

Whats your current setup? Which map are you running with your meth setup?

I didn't mention that they said 100cc post TB and 175 pre TB (just outside IC), for a Stage 2 car running 91oct fuel on a 100oct map.

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
I ground down the spacer for the DO nozzle:

Also I had to do some grinding to the intake manifold and nosiepipe bracket in order to fit the nozzle in the location.
I suspect most people would not want to do this to their cars.
I got everything running last night (and for funsies I sprayed some Mopar Combustion Chamber Cleaner in the Intake Manifold while I had the TB off) only to find out that the TB spacer isnt tightened in all the way. Gotta tear everything back down and tighten that ish back down.
I think the bolts from PPG are a tiny bit too long (and the thread isnt the same) as they are hard as HELL to bolt in (no they arent crosthreaded)

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
Theres hardly any room to get your hand in to tighten the bolts. Im not a midget :biggrin:

REmoving the TB pipe aint that big of a deal, just a hassle

brekdown29

J-O-O
Car(s)
GTI 7.5
What psi do they recommend?

Nothing in particular, it was just a general rule of thumb about higher pressure with smaller nozzles allows for better atomization than the other way around.

I guess the only way to really know is to use a pressure gauge as your dialing in the settings.

brekdown29

J-O-O
Car(s)
GTI 7.5
Whats your current setup? Which map are you running with your meth setup?

I didn't mention that they said 100cc post TB and 175 pre TB (just outside IC), for a Stage 2 car running 91oct fuel on a 100oct map.

revo II+...it will be up to me and my shop to adjust to the best boost, timing, fuel settings using shitty 91oct.