GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My BSH True Seal Intake Review

crew219

Banned
Yes! Much better mileage. When fuel trims are high, it adds more fuel into the cylinder and trashes your mileage.

Not really . . . it adds more fuel for the extra air that is entering the combustion chamber.

The only difference between your readings now is that the MAF readings are properly scaled vs before.

Remember, fuel trims are based on both MAF and primary O2 sensor readings. The O2 will always add or remove fuel to keep the desired A/F . . . hence giving you your LTFT number.

Dave

yvrnycracer

Never has enough power...
second good review of this product I have seen... :thumbsup: to phil!

nintendodude

Banned
Car(s)
Jetta
I have seen other true seal systems, but they have all been for the TSI.

I am so going to get this once I decide for sure whether to go CAI.

the only other requirement for stage II is a downpipe, right?

staulkor

V-Dubber
Car(s)
VW GTI MkV Fahrenhei
intakes are only recommended for stage 2. DP is the only thing required.

staulkor

V-Dubber
Car(s)
VW GTI MkV Fahrenhei
No, anything ebay is a piece of shit. Buy an ATP if you want a cheap downpipe.

staulkor

V-Dubber
Car(s)
VW GTI MkV Fahrenhei
Notice how you said a...as in singular...:wink:

L0UD0G

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2012 BMW 328i Sport
I just finished installing this new intake and all I have to say is.... HOLY SHIT!!!!!
It is such a noticeable difference I can barely believe it. I was one of the 3 people who was having LTFT issues and they sat right around 14%. With the new intake on, I drove 20 miles and at the end of the drive, both the ST and LT trims are at 0% !!!! The intake isn't as loud as the evoms one (no sucking sound), which is kinda nice. And with my fuel trims all in order, I noticed my car just runs better and sounds better throughout the RPM range. The exhaust also smells more like it is supposed to smell with my catless DP. And I have absolutely noticed an increase in gas mileage just from the short cruise that I took.

If I can recommend one thing to everyone that has a VAG-COM or access to one....
PLEASE CHECK YOUR LONG TERM AND SHORT TERM FUEL TRIMS (Measuring Block 32).
IF YOUR LONG TERM FUEL TRIM IS ABOVE 10%, THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG AND YOUR CAR IS RUNNING LIKE SHIT!

P.S.
I have an EBAY DP and it works just fine. No issues. I actually got a compliment from the VW mechanic on how nice it was. Food for thought...

staulkor

V-Dubber
Car(s)
VW GTI MkV Fahrenhei
Yay for no more high fuel trims and car t hat runs great!

Boo for ebay downpipe...lol

itisagoodname

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'08 G37S
So how many of us have the same issue??

Me, Staulkor, Loudog

How many more out there? Have you guys looked at the maf housing you took off? See anything obvious? Take any measurements?

L0UD0G

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2012 BMW 328i Sport
I looked at the MAF housing but I didn't notice anything weird.

I noticed quite a bit more resonance, especially around 4500-5000 RPM. This sounds kinda lame but it reminds me of the sound a RSX-S makes when it goes into VTEC

Weird thing happened though, I got another lean code... I was going about 50 mph in 6th gear when it showed up on the list. My fuel trims are both still at 0%. I don't get it...

I'm pretty sure my turbo is on its last leg too... Today, before I did any of this intake stuff, my turbo, or something, started making a squeaking noise whenever I am in boost. NOT GOOD

staulkor

V-Dubber
Car(s)
VW GTI MkV Fahrenhei

L0UD0G

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2012 BMW 328i Sport
I know right. I wonder if our cars were also made on the same day, at the same plant, probably right next to each other..... I'm kinda stressing about my turbo going... If that, in fact, is the case... Which it probably is... Of course we get one thing fixed after sooooo long, and now the turbo decides its going to be dumb.... GRRRR
I'm also really confused as to why I got another lean code with 0% fuel trims.... Can bad spark plugs cause it to be too lean? I have the copper NGK's and I'm due to change them...