GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Israel is out of control (and so is Spiderman)

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
From Foreign Policy Magazine:

Very interesting perspective. You can read the whole article here: http://shadow.foreignpolicy.com/pos...ic_gaza_hurt_united_states_middle_east_israel

There's so much wrong in the posing of arguments in that article it's just sad. Every legitimate country backs Israel. Every Palestinian death was Hamas's human shield. The guy has to stretch for every point he makes! Also, Iran does not back Hamas's actions these past two weeks. They've already made a statement. So even his fear-mongering falls flat :laugh:

Also, "illegal war" is a ludicrous statement in and of itself. Is the Israeli occupation legal? Was the Iraqi occupation legal?

Palestinian was wearing a pretty provocative dress. No wonder Israel raped her.it's Palestinians fault.

Awesome throwback BTW :lol:

butchered by autocorrecr

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
Well well well, let's see what the resident pro-Israel crowd has to say about yet another gaffe:

Retired Israeli Major General Giora Eiland wrote in an op-ed that there is no such thing as an innocent civilian in Gaza. Late Monday, the former head of the National Security Council published an article on Ynet News arguing that the citizens of Gaza were as responsible for the recent violence as Hamas. He even made a comparison between the Gaza under Hamas and Nazi Germany.

“[T]hey are to blame for this situation just like Germany’s residents were to blame for electing Hitler as their leader and paid a heavy price for that, and rightfully so,” Eiland wrote.

Eiland’s controversial remarks come amid others made by Israeli far-right bloggers and politicians. On Friday, the Times of Israel removed a blog post titled “When Genocide is Permissible,” after an outcry from readers. Before that, a right-wing member of Israel’s Knesset compared Palestinian children to “little snakes.”

The distinction between Hamas and Gaza residents is nonexistent, Eiland argued. And because it tried to distinguish the two, Israel has sabotaged itself by fighting an enemy while providing them with humanitarian necessities.

Instead, Eiland suggested cutting Gaza off completely, writing: “The moment it begins, the right thing to do is to shut down the crossings, prevent the entry of any goods, including food, and definitely prevent the supply of gas and electricity.”

Eiland has no problem creating future Breivik's with his BS. Bravo /facepalm

P.S. This is the exact same logic Hamas uses to justify firing missiles at Israeli civilians.

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
The Israeli far right and the European far right are natural allies obviously.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Lack of Spider-Man is alarming.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Palestinian Parliament:

All they need is to make the yellow (Fatah) larger than the green (hamas) to make progress towards peace. If Israel stops bombing Palestine, they may get some sympathy from the Palestinian people who would then vote for Fatah leaders instead of Hamas leaders. Because who would trust them anymore? 2016 I believe is their next election.

razr390

Go Kart Champion
Palestinian Parliament:

All they need is to make the yellow (Fatah) larger than the green (hamas) to make progress towards peace. If Israel stops bombing Palestine, they may get some sympathy from the Palestinian people who would then vote for Fatah leaders instead of Hamas leaders. Because who would trust them anymore? 2016 I believe is their next election.

Dat red doe.

Nah but still at least the cease-fire is still managing (which is sad to admit because of so many failed attempts in the past month)

Bender1

Banned
The Israeli far right and the European far right are natural allies obviously.

I hope sarcasm. European far right are Neo-Nazis. Do you mean center right? I.E. equivalent of the mainstream GOP?

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Dat red doe.

Nah but still at least the cease-fire is still managing (which is sad to admit because of so many failed attempts in the past month)

I actually looked up some of the parties in red - they're an unfortunate consequence of Yassir Arafat's willingness to sit down and talk with Israel and broker a deal. That upset some of the more radical members, who decided that bombing embassys and holding a middle school hostage while getting a couple dozen children killed in the crossfire would be a good idea.

It's way too hard to find level-headed leaders in Palestine.

Honestly this is all Yassir Arafat's fault. Had he been alive in the running up to the 2006 elections I bet Hamas wouldn't have the popular vote it got.

Last edited:

WAP

Go Kart Champion

XGC75

Go Kart Champion

Stopped reading here:

Resurgent anti-Semitism both in the Middle East and in Europe translates into inordinate criticism of Israel.

They were going well for a while there, not traveling into the depths of right-wing twist you'll find in most publications with such a bias, but that statement is just insane. If Israel is killing in such disproportionate fashion when other options are available they deserve whatever criticism is levied against them. And as much as they wish to turn this info a religious fetish, it has NOTHING to do with their religion. It has everything to do with their asinine policy and their violence.

I don't understand the issues Cyprus faces quite as much as this Palestinian issue, but I don't hear about the 2000 civilians that Turkey has killed in the past month.

butchered by autocorrecr

WAP

Go Kart Champion
Stopped reading here:

They were going well for a while there, not traveling into the depths of right-wing twist you'll find in most publications with such a bias, but that statement is just insane. If Israel is killing in such disproportionate fashion when other options are available they deserve whatever criticism is levied against them. And as much as they wish to turn this info a religious fetish, it has NOTHING to do with their religion. It has everything to do with their asinine policy and their violence.

I don't understand the issues Cyprus faces quite as much as this Palestinian issue, but I don't hear about the 2000 civilians that Turkey has killed in the past month.

butchered by autocorrecr

Thanks for reading (at least partially) and your comments. No, there is no more killing in large numbers on Cyprus any more, but there certainly were many civilian massacres back in 1974...

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
Stopped reading here:

butchered by autocorrecr

That article was written by a far-right pro-Israel shill who ignores the fact that Greece, not Turkey, was more pro-Palestine than any other country on the planet. It's another attempt to pin the whole thing with a Muslim vs. non-Muslim narrative, hence why the strong emphasis on Turkey being more Islamic while ignoring how religion still shapes the lives of many Greeks in both Cyprus and Greece.

I wouldn't be surprised if the writer was a Golden Dawn supporter given that writing, personally speaking.

I mean, given the role Greeks had in aiding Serbian militias during the Balkan wars, do they really have a moral upperhand to condemn the Turks on this one?

P.S. Someone should inform the writer that no Greek Orthodox Christian in the Arab world supports Israel