GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How To Paint Your Lowers at Home The Correct Way

bhmkv

Auto Body Appraiser
Car(s)
07 CW GTI
Not to rain, but did you rattle can shoot this??? Bumpers need a flex additive added to the paint or it will crack. This is for any plastic part. Ask any body shop and will tell you same. I just dont want a bunch of people here fn up there cars.

bhmkv

Auto Body Appraiser
Car(s)
07 CW GTI
and is adhesion promoter do the same?

Not really but helps. I do a/b apprasials for a living and have shot a few cars with real gun ( i suck). Im also major OCD with paint. I spot orange peal on brand new bmw's and want to puke.
I agree painted lowers look way better and best of luck to all that DYI.
Im just saying after 5 years of huffing paint at body shops it seems a few minor things were left out.

vroomvroom

Go Kart Champion
ill give it a shot! and what ever i mess up a shop can fix, thats the way i look at it! very soon i will start this diy! and btw what clearcoat do you use?

vroomvroom

Go Kart Champion
im using the duplicolor spray cans... im on the sanding proces right now!.. after the finished product ill post up maybe u can see if u like it

pinoygti

boss balita??
Car(s)
2008 Bmp Gti Fsi
Question about the beginning sanding process since vortex rep is already have smooth texture do I still do the same sanding process as doing the oem?

darcness

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI CW
^ No you don't. You should just be able to apply some adhesion promoter and then go from there. Since there isn't any texture there is nothing to sand. You CAN still sand after you put the primer on if you want the best possible finish though. It's up to you though, not necessary.