GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Goodz GTI Build.

Goodz

Ready to race!
I wouldn't run it without some control. Was Forge MBC used or something, connected correctly? Get one that works, Hallman Pro is what I am going to use. What wastegate are you using brand - internal or external.

Mbc is new, boost reference was hooked up to the turbo housing, then to the wastegate Wastegate is external and it's a tial 44mm. For now I had to run boost from intake mani straight to wastgate to use spring pressure (1bar)

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Mbc is new, boost reference was hooked up to the turbo housing, then to the wastegate Wastegate is external and it's a tial 44mm. For now I had to run boost from intake mani straight to wastgate to use spring pressure (1bar)

Just to be clear, you should be running boost ref from a pre-throttle body source right, not post. From there to MBC and MBC to one of the lower ports, plug the others, leave tops open.

As stated I would be reluctant to move up to stronger springs without MBC but they are available, you should have gotten at least one stronger one with your EWG.

Goodz

Ready to race!
Just to be clear, you should be running boost ref from a pre-throttle body source right, not post. From there to MBC and MBC to one of the lower ports, plug the others, leave tops open.

As stated I would be reluctant to move up to stronger springs without MBC but they are available, you should have gotten at least one stronger one with your EWG.

Yeah, not really looking to up the spring, so it seems it's all hooked up just fine with the mbc but I can't get anything lower than 17+ psi. That why I had to run straight to wastegate.

Goodz

Ready to race!
I wouldn't run it without some control. Was Forge MBC used or something, connected correctly? Get one that works, Hallman Pro is what I am going to use. What wastegate are you using brand - internal or external.

yeah forge mbc is being used, i think the forge mbc is just a piece of junk... (I can't 0 it to run off the wastegate then turn it up slowly)

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
yeah forge mbc is being used, i think the forge mbc is just a piece of junk... (I can't 0 it to run off the wastegate then turn it up slowly)

Try using the other spring that came with the Forge MBC and see if there is any difference.

Also keep the lines as short as possible.

Goodz

Ready to race!
Try using the other spring that came with the Forge MBC and see if there is any difference.

Also keep the lines as short as possible.

Gonna try and grab a hallman pro, see if that does the trick.

Last edited:

Goodz

Ready to race!
So just a quick update:

Clutch is broken in, car is running great (afr is 14.7 at idle, 11.8-12.2 at full boost)I have only been running off the 1bar WG spring. Tomorrow I'll be hooking the mbc back up with a weaker spring and shooting for 18psi(should be safe I think?)

Before the valve cleaning I would get a blinking CEL cruising at about 4k rpms (scary) even though the car didn't feel like it was missing and wasn't cutting fuel. After the valve cleaning this seems to have been resolved, car feels like it is breathing properly now.

What is a "safe" psi to run for now on the the stock rods? 1bar(14.7 psi) feels like 280 whp and feels like shit. I'm trying to put it something like 18?

Goodz

Ready to race!
18 psi feels funny on a big turbo, its like power power plateau..............

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Trust me 14.7 is far worse lol, stock rods for now so trying to not blow her up. Fuck it 22 psi? :lol:

Goodz

Ready to race!
So I hooked the MBC back up and spiked 25 psi and blew an intercooler hose right the F*** off. As suggested I need to swap the softer spring into the Forge UNOS MBC. DAMN does 25psi feel good though haha.

Goodz

Ready to race!
Once you start turning it up, it becomes addictive! 32 psi and goin.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I have stock rods though lol :frown:

Goodz

Ready to race!
So I experimented with the current set up without changing to the softer spring. I am absolutely clueless and puzzled.....

I spike to about 23psi or so then almost immediately drops to like 13 psi. Almost like the mbc or wastegate is sticking. Anyone ever have a problem like this?

Sticky mbc?
Boost leak?
When I am hooked straight to the wastegate sits perfect at 1 bar and doesn't budge

????

Goodz

Ready to race!
For what it's worth I think Forge is junk. Seeing as there's 0 issue when you bypass the MBC that kinda points directly at the culprit. I could be very very wrong and I'm sure Forge does make some good things, but in my experience they've been a headache.

Yes the Forge MBC was hooked back up, however, I also added 10psi which is a big pressure difference lol.

Yeah I have been seeing many people saying they have issues and many saying their stuff is great. For me personally I have their short shifter and twintercooler and both are great.

Not sure how it could be the MBC though because after the boost spikes it drops to less than wastegate pressure. I can't see this being anything else besides a boost leak.

Last edited: