GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R FMIC?

ehancock

Ready to race!
Yeah, thats from Africa or something though. I remember reading from a tuner on here that in some markets the mk6 received the same intercooler as the R and S3 but not here in the USA. This should still be a reasonable upgrade for us. Make sure you measure yours when you do the swap so we know for sure

firstorbit84

Ready to race!
We are doing full R&D testing and will have Golf R FMIC kits out soon! The intercoolers separate are ready to sell but if the kit is that something that interests you please keep posted!

Phil - The one on our site that is less superseded to the BP part number. We will have both till the old part number sells out.

1K0 145 803 BE > 1K0 145 803 BP
At dealer now going thru ordering this part. They said the BE part number is for a CCZB engine, not golf R, CCZA

We ran the vin of a golf R they have in showroom and it came up with BP part number.

He did say that BE superceeded AK part number, but not that BP supercedes BE.

Maybe the BE part is the international one??? With 38.67mm in mk6.. Since I don't know of any CCZB in the US?.. I might order the BP part anyway. Dealer thinks it will be bigger, but we have no way to know for sure.

ECS, can you verify size of BP vs BE??

Edit: I ordered the BE part, and the dealer was able to sell it at $180. Its taking about 2 weeks to come in. They also verified the US Mk6 GTI uses the same part as the mk5, revision "T". They had one in stock and measured the core thickness for me at about 33mm. So 38.67/33mm = 17% upgrade in core volume. Still decent for $180. Oh well.

I'll try to log some IATs before and after to see the difference. I'd still like to know if BP is different than BE at all.

Last edited:
Car(s)
MKV

The CTS IC will be released very shortly and I will be hosting a group buy. I am trying to get them as cheap as possible. So far the buyers are looking at 650 shipped. It will include the IC, hoses, adapter, clamps, and a CTS boost tap as a freebie.

MKV727

Go Kart Champion

The CTS IC will be released very shortly and I will be hosting a group buy. I am trying to get them as cheap as possible. So far the buyers are looking at 650 shipped. It will include the IC, hoses, adapter, clamps, and a CTS boost tap as a freebie.

I don't know if this is the right thread to advertise that product. This thread is about OEM solutions that cost less than $300.

I do like the CTS IC though... If its priced under $700 and the core isn't a rebranded Godspeed I think it will have a lot of success.

ChouDawg

Null
Car(s)
2014 Subaru WRX
Anyone get the Golf R in and installed yet? Is everyone cutting their stock hoses? Also, assuming we still need the 9 allen screws or w/e like the S3 intercooler?

firstorbit84

Ready to race!
Got my BE revision intercooler today!! :D

Probably won't be able to install it for a couple weeks, and I think I'll probably do IC piping at the same time.

Phil have you got yours in yet??

I have the torque app on my phone which reads intake temps (I'm assuming post intercooler??). I'll try to do some before and after pulls to record the difference.

trialerror00

Ready to race!
Car(s)
k04 GTI & watermeth
Please keep posting any updates with these ICs. Im in the market for one but realisticly I prob wont buy till mid AUG. Thanks everyone

i<3myMKV

Winner
Car(s)
2006 Tornado Red GTI
Interested in ordering one soon, anyone get it installed yet? Any logs?

aus-phil

Ready to race!
Update:

Installed the Golf R (BE) intercooler today. Have logged stock IC IATs but not yet the Golf R. Will prob do later this week. Temperature here is pretty consistent day to day.

Here's a comparison pic of core thickness (Golf R intercooler on left) and measured core thickness of stock IC.

Attachments

• photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    369.5 KB · Views: 1,805
  • P1070474_25pcresize.jpg
    P1070474_25pcresize.jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 1,635

aus-phil

Ready to race!
Anyone get the Golf R in and installed yet? Is everyone cutting their stock hoses? Also, assuming we still need the 9 allen screws or w/e like the S3 intercooler?

I intended on cutting my stock hoses at the couplers but after test fitting it seemed like they would be too short if I did so.

So instead I sawed off the couplers and the extra length of hose did ensure a perfect fit.

I did go and buy the 9 M6x1.0x16mm bolts recommended for the S3 intercooler but I think the aluminum end tanks must be tapped differently than the plastics so I just reused the old screws and they seem fine.

Also highly recommended is to get 2 M10x1.5x100mm bolts to help with the radiator core support. (See APR instructions).

firstorbit84

Ready to race!
Awesome write up phil! Thanks for the info.

I've got mine waiting to be installed. I will hopefully get to it in the next few weeks.