GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R FMIC?

aus-phil

Ready to race!
The old S3 intercooler (metal ends) has: 1K0 145 803 P
The new IC (plastic ends) found on R and S3 from 01.2010- has: 1K0 145 803 BP

What's the difference between 1K0 145 803 BP and 1K0 145 803 BE (the one I ordered). Searching both on ECS gives Golf R intercooler and pics look the same.. :iono:

ehancock

Ready to race!
So, to sum it up for anyone new to the thread. The Golf R uses the "new revision" S3 intercooler correct? The core should be the same as the "old revision" intercooler with the metal end tanks right?

Has anyone who said they were going to order this actually got it and tried it?

firstorbit84

Ready to race!
mine shipped today, will get it by the weekend and take pics then.

Bump. Any pics or at least comparison of core size to stock?

Please update

Checked with one of my local dealers and they quoted me $225 plus tax for the golf R intercooler, with no shipping charge. I'll check with other dealers to see if there's any difference. Still beats s3 ic price after shipping.

With 95° temps in FL, you can definitely feel the loss of power from heat soak after driving a bit.

firstorbit84

Ready to race!
Andy, not sure what you mean.

Have you gotten in any of the Golf R intercoolers? If so, have you measured the core compared to the S3 intercoolers?

Thanks,
Max

aus-phil

Ready to race!
Keep checking the site and here for updates - we will have more options to come!

Andy

Andy can you please tell us the difference between:

1K0 145 803 BP
1K0 145 803 BE

Both are on your website as Golf R Intercooler but one is almost $100 more?

Bump. Any pics or at least comparison of core size to stock?

Please update

Checked with one of my local dealers and they quoted me $225 plus tax for the golf R intercooler, with no shipping charge. I'll check with other dealers to see if there's any difference. Still beats s3 ic price after shipping.

With 95° temps in FL, you can definitely feel the loss of power from heat soak after driving a bit.

Haven't had a chance to install yet so no comparison pics.

Core thickness is 38.67mm. I believe the stock MkV intercooler is 32mm, the stock Mk6 intercooler is 38mm and the S3 intercooler is 40mm.

So I am not sure where this fits in or whether it is the same core as the S3.

Here's some pics.

ECS Tuning

Go Kart Champion
Andy, not sure what you mean.
Thanks,
Max

We are doing full R&D testing and will have Golf R FMIC kits out soon! The intercoolers separate are ready to sell but if the kit is that something that interests you please keep posted!

Phil - The one on our site that is less superseded to the BP part number. We will have both till the old part number sells out.

1K0 145 803 BE > 1K0 145 803 BP

firstorbit84

Ready to race!
Andy can you please tell us the difference between:

1K0 145 803 BP
1K0 145 803 BE

Both are on your website as Golf R Intercooler but one is almost $100 more?

Haven't had a chance to install yet so no comparison pics.

Core thickness is 38.67mm. I believe the stock MkV intercooler is 32mm, the stock Mk6 intercooler is 38mm and the S3 intercooler is 40mm.

So I am not sure where this fits in or whether it is the same core as the S3.
this is the kind of info I was looking for. What are the other core dimensions, length width?

Is the mk6 gti IC really almost the same size as the R's? What is the part number and price on that??

We need to figure all of these sizes and part numbers out and add this thread to FAQ

ehancock

Ready to race!
Have you actually measured the mk6 core yourself?

All of the tuners have said that the mk6 uses the same intercooler as the mk5...

firstorbit84

Ready to race!
So, if the LxW is equal across all cores then the % change in thickness will equal the percent change in total volume.

Therefore, 40mm/32mm = 25% larger, and 38.67mm/32mm = 20.8% larger, and just for fun:
40mm/30mm = 33% larger.

How sure are you on the thickness of stock mkv core being 32mm?

Are the length and width the same for these cores?

I still think a 20% increase in volume for about $200 and direct bolt-on is a pretty good deal.