GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Full Hatch Pop DIY..

sirshan

Ready to race!
Just did this mod using the shocks from ECS...works great. I used VAGCOM Software 10.6 and it had the option. No need to use older software anymore.

magsta

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf 5
Did mine with parts form ECS too, had to change Byte 1 Bit 4 for mine to work.

Flo65

Hello,

Sorry my English is poor, because I am French!

I want to make make this spring in France.

What cuts not compressed total?
What cuts compressed?
Wire diameter?
Internal diameter?
Outside diameter?
Steepness (N/mm) ?

Thank you very much!

Bye,

Florian

4Motioner

4Motion, baby!
Car(s)
2007 Golf V
Just did this today using the Scirocco / Skoda parts.

A few observations I made:
I didn't need the new balls for the dampers. Why do people change them? My old ones were identical to the new ones apart from the color
VCDS 908 also works for the coding

siLc

Passed Driver's Ed
VCDS 908 also works for the coding
VCDS 10.6.3 should also work. 10.6 would show the following picture in my early-2004 Mk5 case.

(ticked bits are blue)

Before I buy the parts (worth ~60€), I'd like to take the "pop" to a test drive. Should I only tick bit 4 or is there anything else to tick/untick?

4Motioner

4Motion, baby!
Car(s)
2007 Golf V
You just need to tick bit 4, but without the Scirocco bumpers, your hatch won't pop open at all.

Been testing mine quite a few times now and mine also work fine if it's warmer out, but the pumps don't have enough power to close the hatch when it's cold. I'm also finding it very frustrating to close the hatch as you either need to press down on it and risk scratching it, or pull it down with force and slam it shut. Then again, I never liked closing the hatch when it was stock either.

siLc

Passed Driver's Ed
Worth posting here too...

Finally got myself a Ross-Tech HEX-CAN cable and VCDS 10.6.4. Checked Bit 4 and applied coding. The rear lid does open from the remote but what bothers me - it does not respond to the lid handle. When I unticked Bit 4, it was back to normal. Could the "Rear Lid "Security Lock"" in Byte 2 be the culprit for the lid handle not working?

penance

Fakinsupa
Car(s)
GTI
I'm writing this blindly as I haven't had time to hook up vag-com yet...

Can you disable hatch from popping if the car is locked?

Mine pops even on locked doors, and I don't want that as I appear to have accidentally popped it one night in my condo as I was going upstairs. Glad I keep the car empty of anything interesting.,

Nataraki

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'92 BMW 318i
sub'd for later

JetTurbo

geezer
Car(s)
2018 GTi Autobahn 6M
.... First.. The VAG-Com work. YOU CAN NOT USE THE LATEST UPDATE, so if you have updated your vag-com to VCDS 8.50, you will need need to re-install the older version 704.1 which can be found here: http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/26816746/vag+com?tab=summary...
Pretty sure that is wrong. You can use any valid version of VAG-COM that connects to your car to change the setting.
Granted, not all versions provide a convenient checkbox to change the setting,
but the absence of the checkbox does not mean you can not change the setting.
Just requires a tiny bit more work and a basic working knowledge of binary encoding of switch settings.
The process is clearly described here -> Using the Long Coding Helper when checkboxes are not present

DO NOT INSTALL THE VERSION IN THIS LINK IF YOU HAVE A LEGIT VAGCOM WITH A LATER VCDS VERSION.
IT WILL BRICK YOUR CABLE.

What version are you talking about?
I can't imagine a legitimate VCDS cable from Ross-Tech can be rendered inoperative by legitimate Ross Tech VAG-COM installer.
But if it did, in my 12 years of experience with Ross Tech support, it has always been prompt and fair.

That said, I have always used the latest release and have never seen any need to go backwards.
Certainly not to twiddle an undocumented bit like the hatch pop bit.

Jmp680

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 GTI
Installing mine this week.

Jmp680

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 GTI
I replaced all 4 strut pins when I did mine Used lithium grease but still not perfect Works best when the sun is up:biggrin:

Hmm, that doesn't sound too good. I just ordered it off of ecs. It's $10 off right now so after shipping it came to $100. Seemed like a good deal. I hope it holds up in all weather because all I'm seeing here in NJ is snow. :frown: