GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Full Hatch Pop DIY..

BamaKID

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI MkV
alright everyone i have a proposal to make....i have been working with solidworkstm
a cad program for product design. I made 2 models but cant seem to upload them and i have no clue how to convert those files into a .jpg, anyways one way i was thinking was to completely seperate the struts and use a spring to just push the hatch up and out. The other idea was to take one strut off and use one big spring on one side. The last and most expensive idea would be an actuator pushing the hatch open(this would require heavy modification.
Let me know what you guys think

JoeyDaBomb

Go Kart Champion
Man I really want to do this but I think I just use my hatch to much, I seriously use it atleast 5 times a day due to my work.

NoIfCustoms

WTF was I thinking?!
Car(s)
'08.5 GTI DSG
alright everyone i have a proposal to make....i have been working with solidworkstm
a cad program for product design. I made 2 models but cant seem to upload them and i have no clue how to convert those files into a .jpg, anyways one way i was thinking was to completely seperate the struts and use a spring to just push the hatch up and out. The other idea was to take one strut off and use one big spring on one side. The last and most expensive idea would be an actuator pushing the hatch open(this would require heavy modification.
Let me know what you guys think

if you can pm me a link to get them, I can convert them for you. We do CAD work in all programs

NoIfCustoms

WTF was I thinking?!
Car(s)
'08.5 GTI DSG
Man I really want to do this but I think I just use my hatch to much, I seriously use it atleast 5 times a day due to my work.

you may not see a big issue. I thin kthe problem starts when you are sitting in a compressed state. If you are open more you dont have the extra compression on the ends

NoIfCustoms

WTF was I thinking?!
Car(s)
'08.5 GTI DSG
I have used it for a few things. But I have worked for companies that use it for going on 7 years now. I can do most stuff, the analysis stuff still throws me for a loop though lol

vlkswgnbgmn66

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Fahrenheit GTI #473
I had the springs on there for over a year and a half with no ill effects...

NoIfCustoms

WTF was I thinking?!
Car(s)
'08.5 GTI DSG
I saw mentioned in here the jetta trunk is supposed to pop open.

I have the 2007 GLI and the trunk only unlocks. I wonder if it is defective or by design? I've seen a new Passat fully open.

Look in the VAG for the soft open section. Chances are you are unlocking and it's not pulling the catch back to release the trunk

NoIfCustoms

WTF was I thinking?!
Car(s)
'08.5 GTI DSG

I wouldnt say my effects were bad bad. but I did notice the pins were starting to bend a little.

I did try a rubber washer in there at one time which could have added just enough umph at one time to flex it. Maybe I will revisit it

ard

Ready to race!
is it possible to get stronger hatch struts instead of using a spring?