GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FrankenTurbo F23T & Maestro on built motor dyno tests

doug@frankenturbo

Turbos Galore
Car(s)
Gary Fisher HiFi
A Mk5 FSI stopped in to ForceFed Engineering yesterday for some dyno tuning. With only four tweaks of the "stock-motor-safe" base Eurodyne file we ended up with some pretty nice numbers. I'm breaking them out by three different correction types:

• SAE
  • STD
  • UNCORRECTED

• Stock intercooler
  • Stock fuel injectors
  • HPFP upgrade
  • 145bar fuel rail valve
Thanks to Fabian at FFE for a quick collaboration on this built-motor map. C.Tapp at Eurodyne is reviewing it, and if he's satisfied will likely add it to the Eurodyne base library.

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
Impressive numbers, i JUST got my F23T installed and Tuned Today, made a couple of quick runs just to get the hang of it, with 3 people on board car feels as fast if not quicker than with just me alone in the car with the K03, Torque app used to read around 260whp (driver only) for my S2+ WMI K03, now it did read 330whp (driver + 2 passengers), this is on a custom tune, will see if we can get it on the rollers on the weekend to see actual numbers put down.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
I gotta say, I'm impressed. Amazing that people are pulling these kind of numbers on stock injectors and intercooler! Any more info on the build? You said he had a built motor, drop in rods and pistons? Ive never heard of someone building up an FSI for a K04/Frankenturbo, usually not doing that till tour shooting for 400++

I would like to see the logs from those dyno pulls, injector duty cycle has to be 90%+ lol.

Edit: I'd love to see him pulling these kind of numbers on a 90+ degree day come summer lol. Poor little stock intercooler!

GTIRaider

Go Kart Champion
Doug, just a question on this, do you go off the SAE plot to figure rod safe numbers?

doug@frankenturbo

Turbos Galore
Car(s)
Gary Fisher HiFi
Doug, just a question on this, do you go off the SAE plot to figure rod safe numbers?

That's a great question. And here's the answer:

• For marketing I prefer to use SAE correction. It is the toughest standard and the one in most common practice.
  • For tuning I use "uncorrected", because that value is exactly what the tuning is outputting on that car. This way I won't be lulled into a false sense of safety by the correction calibrations that mask the actual output of the motor.

Here is a good example of dyno testing for "rod safe" power. This is what the Eurodyne base F23T file does straight off the virtual shelf in the Maestro library:

The testing shows just how well Eurodyne's base map hews to the safe limits for torque, even in the advantageous conditions of a cold dyno bay. And because we're not applying any correction adjustments to the values, we know "what you see is what you get."

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Why 334wtq on a stock motor, the k04 can make so much more midrange (Didn't say how long...)

Some paste eater will take this to a tuner and say "Well this guy did xxx on a K04!" probably.

EDIT: Does Eurodyne list tunes available, they dont seem to list much online.

Last edited:

steveo17

Frankenbuilt
Car(s)
2006 CW GTI
Why 334wtq on a stock motor, the k04 can make so much more midrange (Didn't say how long...)

Some paste eater will take this to a tuner and say "Well this guy did xxx on a K04!" probably.

EDIT: Does Eurodyne list tunes available, they dont seem to list much online.

that is most likely on a TSI whereas the built motor dyno on this thread is an FSI

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
that is most likely on a TSI whereas the built motor dyno on this thread is an FSI

That is my FSI, overboosting pretty hard.

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Don't have their flash loader, might want one if they have a tune I want.