GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Forge DV Spike Reduction Mod

Naois

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
Ahh, good point. I'll stick to OEM for now tho. My second 'C' valve is still working.

Ahh, good point. I'll stick to OEM for now tho. My second 'C' valve is still working.

At least you know if it goes you have alternatives.

ukdub

Test Pilot
This may be a daft question or answer. Depends on which way you look at it
I have not gone in to as much research as noregrets78, not by a long way, but let me ask this question.
The slower reaction of the Forge DV to the OEM DV I think is down to friction of the moving parts in the Forge DV to the OEM DV. If this is the case, why don't we try to reduce that friction by mirror polishing the internal bore of the Forge DV. Just a thought. Please don't flame me!!!!!!!!

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
I have not gone in to as much research as noregrets78, not by a long way, but let me ask this question.
The slower reaction of the Forge DV to the OEM DV I think is down to friction of the moving parts in the Forge DV to the OEM DV. If this is the case, why don't we try to reduce that friction by mirror polishing the internal bore of the Forge DV. Just a thought. Please don't flame me!!!!!!!!

the internals are pretty smooth already, and i think the piston rides on the o-rings anyways, so (Mike, please correct me if i'm wrong).

my guess is that they used a piston type for reliability, a diaphragm type dv would react quicker, but more likely to fail (the stock one is a diaphragm style)

What my testing proves is that the friction of the piston wasn't the problem. It was the reference. Having a constant vac source with enough volume to actuate the valve was just what was needed to allow the valve to react fast enough to eliminate any kind of spike in pressure. I think what happened and why the BSH has no spike was that the pressure in the line took too long to reverse from boost to vac. The BSH is literally right on the tap so the reverse of pressure is right there when needed. The Forge valve has a length of hose that needs to reverse flow before the valve can actuate. This ensures that it only sees the vac it needs to move that when the solenoid actuates, the response is damn near instant.

The .5 psi spike may be the result of friction, but its still WORLDS better than even OEM.

Last edited:
Added prices to the original post. Under 15 bucks for both.

hypnotica003

Ready to race!
It will make maintenance in the end a HELL of a lot easier. Cleaning and re greasing is required at least once a year and the BSH solution being right on top of the motor makes that cake work! The forge you have to jack up the car and remove the valve, undo the lines, redo all of it, and it's not the easiest to get to.

Can we get back on topic please!!!

BSHs is maintenance free..

magilson

Passed Driver's Ed
So now that a few people have had a chance to try this has anyone hooked up a boost guage to the Forge line side?

I've seen some interesting behavior and I'm not sure why. From what I've seen that line doesn't stay at vacuum. As soon as you are on throttle it moves to 0 PSI.

Thoughts?

Checked up on the check valve the other day, all well and good.

Anyone else have a chance to try this and take some spike logs?

itisagoodname

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'08 G37S
I've already installed the check valve and it does help. I cant find the fuel filter with the same part number, everywhere is soldout of them. I picked up this oter 2$ one that i'm going to try until i can find something better. I have the logs on my laptop but havnt had a chance to graph them yet. Overall it does feel a lot quicker to vent; with just the check valve the flutter is gone on partial boost throttle lift, but when im boosting full (around 18psi or so) and let off i still get some 'surge'. Again, i have not installed the fuel filter yet.