GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Forge DV Spike Reduction Mod

BlackRabbit

Ünpimp'd
Car(s)
2006 VW GTI
i tried all this and now it whistles more, and still flutters. i took my spacer out and it still blowsoff like its there, but out of the intake. maibe we can solve this problem by using a thicker vac hose, no?

generic83

lol wheel spin
Finally did this on my car and the forge definately reacts much quicker than before. Thumbs up!

Excellent thank you!

rsquadGTi

Most Hated Hater...
Car(s)
W204 C63/Porsche 911
I ordered that fuel filter. Were your "BARBS" plastic?

I tried threading them into the fuel filter and they just stripped. Stripped all 6 that it came with.

Yes they are plastic and I know what you mean about stripping. They're a little difficult to get seated but with some patience I got mine done. Only thing I can suggest is maybe finding another fuel filter with removable screen that's a little better constructed. I tried to keep this fix as cheap as possible.

rsquadGTi

Most Hated Hater...
Car(s)
W204 C63/Porsche 911
I was reading that the check valve has to be as close to the forge tap as possible...

Why is that?

Also can I mount the gutted fuel filter close to the tap as well? I have my lines routed to the other side of the engine bay.

thanks in advance!

The reason for it being close to the tap is to give the vac canister line more volume. The volume of the line coupled with the gutted fuel filter is what gets the job done. The closer to the valve you can put the fuel filter the better.

rsquadGTi

Most Hated Hater...
Car(s)
W204 C63/Porsche 911
In your pics you have your fuel filter quite a distance from the check valve. So that confuses me a bit =O)

So Check valve close to the tap as possible
Fuel filter close to the check valve?

thanks again!

I'm sorry I should have clarified. The check valve should be closest to the tap, the canister should be closest ot the diverter valve.

rsquadGTi

Most Hated Hater...
Car(s)
W204 C63/Porsche 911
Awesome! thanks!

etang789

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
MKV GTI
can some one fix the pictures please? I need some good DIY for my shop to follow...

Fixed. Sorry guys. Deleted the original photobucket account, had to get them in the new one.

Glad everyone is liking the mod :)