GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Driver Motorsport

Goingnowherefast

Go Kart Champion
The issue isn't that they are doing bad in sales. It's just that they don't have the man power there and fully trained to handle the customer service. I was told that they had their third straight record breaking sales month to date so I wouldn't worry about them going under in the near future.

Carfreak226

Detailer Extraordinaire
Car(s)
2007 GTI MKV
I agree with that but based on info I have there will be a real improvement in customer service very soon. Expected I won't say few days but could be few weeks.

-------
Philosophy Of Eagles: Eagles flies only with eagles!

I'm not holding my breath until I see proof lol.

Epic_Sandwich

I Drive a Sedan
The answer is simple simple, if you requested the RFD in the file request form you sent in the beginning then it means you have it but if you didn't request then you don't have it.

Of course I wish it was that simple, if it was I would know, wouldn't I?

I did not request the RFD (or cold start delete) for my initial file because I didn't have an RDF kit. But my car acts as if it has the cold start deleted because it immediately settles into a low idle, unlike the factory calibration which will idle higher for a few seconds before settling into the normal idle. Which is why I don't know what I actually have.

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Of course I wish it was that simple, if it was I would know, wouldn't I?

I did not request the RFD (or cold start delete) for my initial file because I didn't have an RDF kit. But my car acts as if it has the cold start deleted because it immediately settles into a low idle, unlike the factory calibration which will idle higher for a few seconds before settling into the normal idle. Which is why I don't know what I actually have.

That's covered by their FAQ under 'cold start delete' and is normal.

Carfreak226

Detailer Extraordinaire
Car(s)
2007 GTI MKV
any updates?

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
E-Mail has been down - bounced back.

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
I think cold start delete is all you need, Bronson said that there was nothing else needed for my rfd.

Goingnowherefast

Go Kart Champion
Have any of you guys driven a TSI Driver Motorsports tuned car?

My kid brother just picked up a 2012 4DR Gunmetal Gray GTI 6MT. Well the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree and he has already started to mod it. I bought him a clutch stop and he just purchased Cherry Red Euro LED tails from ECS. I'm struggling to recommend him a tune however. DriverMotorsport appears to give no advantage at all to having another programmer in the same household. So basically he would have to spend the $200 extra for the programmer even though I already have one and live close enough that he could use it whenever needed. No doubt they make the best tunes for FSI's hands down but their customer service (thus far) has been lack luster. (I can't speak for how it will be since they hired more people).

I really fucking hate to say it but APR is updating their TSI tunes and adding NLS and launch control to them AND there is a tuner that does APR within 10 minutes of his house. I want to be able to hands down recommend DM but I just don't know if I can yet. Edit* He says he is not going to go past stage 2 but I'm pretty sure we've all said that before*

dave80

Go Kart Champion
You can't just use one programmer on two cars since it's locked to only one car when you flash your ecu. Only way to unlock the programmer is to flash your car to the stock orginale file and delete all the files from it, and start with reading the stock tune file on the second car....in the end it wouldn't work. Also the programmer doesn't work on a mk6 unless you bench flash the ecu first.

MKVDC10562

meow
Car(s)
2012 Golf R
So any updates? Anyone heard from Dm yet? I'm getting a little inpatient with not being able to get a hold of them. I'm on email number 3 going on a month and still no word...

infamous

Ready to race!
No word about to resend my request for stage 2+.

Welp, just resent my request and got sent back to me because their inbox is full.

Now what?

Last edited:

Epic_Sandwich

I Drive a Sedan
I've officially given up on DM. Very frustrating as what sold me initially was what seemed like stellar customer service. No reply to over 8 emails now so I'm done.

Now I want to see if I removed the calibration from my car using the programmer and delete the tunes it should work on another MKV FSI, right? I'm hoping I can sell it to put the money towards Eurodyne.