GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Driver Motorsport

Epic_Sandwich

I Drive a Sedan
No boost leak, my situation is very similar to what I believe you experienced just to a lesser extent. I'm running the DM Stage2+ BETA3 map and only seeing a max of 15-16psi in lower gears and on the highway around 80mph in 5th or 6th I can touch 20psi. I was under the impression I should be seeing 22-24psi.

My car feels pathetically slow in 1-3rd gears because I'm lucky to see 12-14psi, it's like stock nearly.

Boost leak tested multiple times, zero leaks. Replaced DV, added GFB DV+, nothing.

I know I need to log but I have no vagcom. I know I know I should order one. It's on the list.

Goingnowherefast

Go Kart Champion
No boost leak, my situation is very similar to what I believe you experienced just to a lesser extent. I'm running the DM Stage2+ BETA3 map and only seeing a max of 15-16psi in lower gears and on the highway around 80mph in 5th or 6th I can touch 20psi. I was under the impression I should be seeing 22-24psi.

My car feels pathetically slow in 1-3rd gears because I'm lucky to see 12-14psi, it's like stock nearly.

Boost leak tested multiple times, zero leaks. Replaced DV, added GFB DV+, nothing.

I know I need to log but I have no vagcom. I know I know I should order one. It's on the list.

Yeah it certainly sounds like the same issue. Honestly I wish I knew what the cause of my problem was. I basically just rid the whole turbo system and clearly it fixed it. If I were you, and don't have the ability to go with a bigger turbo, id try two things... 1. Check the turbo exhaust manifold head studs. Literally, and I mean literally, 3 of the five came out by hand. No tools needed. They were so loose it's stupid. All you need to do is take off the engine cover, and remove the heatshield (18MM?) From there just re-torque the nuts to spec. 2. I replaced the N75 while the turbos were off. With the turbos off the car, it was EASY. On the car could be another story BUT I think it's do-able. I got the N75 for like $30 on ECS Tuning. You could try both those because they are cheap and easy. Report back afterwards brother. I know it sucks not having vagcom, trust me.

DM got back to me a little bit ago and said once I get my new clutch in to run logs and they will start tuning my K04 file for me. Can't wait to get her dialed in!

Last edited:

Carfreak226

Detailer Extraordinaire
Car(s)
2007 GTI MKV
I'm on email 15 and 2 months. Still no response from Bronson or Garrett. And I'm simply trying to obtain the last and final revision to my FSI tune. I'm getting annoyed to say the very least.

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
How many people are running an "off the shelf" tune from DM?

live4something

Ready to race!
How many people are running an "off the shelf" tune from DM?
I'm running tunes from the original set they sent me. I told them exactly what mods I had before they sent the tune. I'm going to assume they didn't spend extra time tweaking the tune for my specifics.

So I'm going to raise my hand on this one

MKVDC10562

meow
Car(s)
2012 Golf R
I can second that. Ireceived my stage 2 tune last May and just told them the mods and that we have 93 octane readily available here in Tx. Now that I picked up a vagcom cable and want to do some data logging and tweak the tune they don't answer my emails.It really sucks that they do such good tuning and never respond to anyone on here it seems like...or you just have to email them like your texting them and blow up their email haha

Epic_Sandwich

I Drive a Sedan
Mine has been tweaked but only because my cruise control wouldn't work on the original file. If I set cruise and then used the CC stalk to either accelerate or decelerate, the car would immediately and instantly cut into limp mode with a CEL for "Loss of ECU communication". I had to reset the ECU via my Bluetooth OBD2 dongle code reader in order to get it out of limp.

It took 3 revisions to fix it but I'm still nervous so I don't use my CC that much. Not that it's a big deal but a lot of highways I travel are 75mph (so observed speed is more like 90) in a lot of construction zones with no shoulder or breakdown lane, so hitting limp mode at 90 doesn't sound like a good time.

I've basically given up on DM. I hate that I might have to switch tunes, yet again, but for the time being I'll keep my current tune until I add something that needs changing. Sucks because I have an RFD kit sitting on my workbench I'm nervous to install not knowing if it will work right and I'm planning on adding water/meth very soon but rather pointless if I can't get my car tuned for it.

Perpetuus

Data Encryption
Guys, I have the DM K04+ tune and have the Edition30 K04 file also.

If I put back the original 2.5bar MAP sensor to use with the Edition30 K04 file, will I be ok? Or would I still need the 3bar MAP sensor to use it properly?

The reason I am changing the MAP sensor is just to do some testing.

Pissat4motion

Time Lord
Guys, I have the DM K04+ tune and have the Edition30 K04 file also.

If I put back the original 2.5bar MAP sensor to use with the Edition30 K04 file, will I be ok? Or would I still need the 3bar MAP sensor to use it properly?

The reason I am changing the MAP sensor is just to do some testing.

You need to use which ever MAP sensor the file was written for.

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
I did PM Antione here on the forums and he did email me back with a revised calibration. I loaded it and it made zero difference.

Did you send him the logs?

I also asked some very simple questions about obtaining an RFD patch or if I already have it and it was not answered.

The answer is simple simple, if you requested the RFD in the file request form you sent in the beginning then it means you have it but if you didn't request then you don't have it.

-------
Philosophy Of Eagles: Eagles flies only with eagles!

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Seems like they are super busy, sent my logs a while ago hoping to confirm my tune is finished and I'm good to go.

socalhatch

Don't panic it's organic
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Ya I still haven't heard anything.. Sucks I love my tune and the response you would get in the very beginning but now it sucks. Makes me wish I went with eurodyne