GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Driver Motorsport - from GIAC to DM - the journey begins 2/27

Carfreak226

Detailer Extraordinaire
Car(s)
2007 GTI MKV
Looks like I'm going DM ;). Just placed an order for an entire K04 swap today. My wallet hurts lol.

fastwire

Ready to race!
hey guys, Iam new here but old user at fourtitude.
I purshased a driver programer from DM and it will arrive here the next week hopefully. Got it with a USP catted downpipe to make the jump from stock ECU to Stage 2.
I pulled the trigger because of the great things Ive read here at the forums everywhere.
cant wait to use it lolz. stock turbo BTW. coudlnt resist sharing my experience here after following this thread the last months. :)

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
hey guys, Iam new here but old user at fourtitude.
I purshased a driver programer from DM and it will arrive here the next week hopefully. Got it with a USP catted downpipe to make the jump from stock ECU to Stage 2.
I pulled the trigger because of the great things Ive read here at the forums everywhere.
cant wait to use it lolz. stock turbo BTW. coudlnt resist sharing my experience here after following this thread the last months. :)

Welcome to the forum, you are really going to like the upgrade of the DM tune.

fastwire

Ready to race!
Welcome to the forum, you are really going to like the upgrade of the DM tune.

:thumbsup: thx man cant wait to have it all installed/loaded.
this thread is great.

Carfreak226

Detailer Extraordinaire
Car(s)
2007 GTI MKV
Your car is going to be a freaking blast now specially with all your handling mods..

Lol, yeah I can't wait. Car has been sitting for 3 months in the garage while I putt putt around in an Optima Hybrid.

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Just flashed my DM K04+ tune about an hour ago. I only have positive things to say, OEM refinement with stupid power everywhere. I plan to dyno and do some logging soon, really curious to see what my numbers look like in comparison to GIACUser's watermeth tune.

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
Just flashed my DM K04+ tune about an hour ago. I only have positive things to say, OEM refinement with stupid power everywhere. I plan to dyno and do some logging soon, really curious to see what my numbers look like in comparison to GIACUser's watermeth tune.

Happy for you :)

I told you "Dm K04+ is not an option, it is a must when you go for K04"

DC Dubber

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI

I've been waiting on a file from another tuner since August of last year. A request I thought was relatively simple (K04 with S3 injectors, RFD and the ability set readiness i.e. leave emissions alone). Depending on what happens in the next few days I'm leaning heavily towards switching to DM.

For those of you that have jumped ship recently, do you still need to flash back to stock?

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Yeah I flashed back to stock from APR. DM gave me a 2+ tune to help the transition. I am amazed how awesome they are and their product is.

I think its my boost gauge being inaccurate but i pegged the thing past 30psi, what boost should I be running? Started snowing and icing up so their is no way to do a vagcom logging pull and survive.

TypeR_126

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
Well according to an older thread -
The Golf R map sensor tune runs 2600-2650 mbar from 4000-5500 RPM and runs the N75 flat out to redline.

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
I e-mailed DM so hopefully ill get some info soon.

DC Dubber

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Yeah I flashed back to stock from APR. DM gave me a 2+ tune to help the transition. I am amazed how awesome they are and their product is.

I think its my boost gauge being inaccurate but i pegged the thing past 30psi, what boost should I be running? Started snowing and icing up so their is no way to do a vagcom logging pull and survive.

What numbers were you previously seeing with APR. I have a New South gauge "analog" and depending on throttle modulation I can easily peg past 30 when driving in D with DSG. Besides the misfires, that's one of my biggest complaints with the tune. FWIW Spikes at around 15PSI and holds at 10PSI when using stock mode.

I would not push it hard until you verify those numbers are inaccurate. What K04 kit did you go with? You might need to adjust the wastegate.

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
I have a AWE analog that I got when I bought the car in 08, saw ~24psi with APR 2+ and DM 2+ so its likely reading high.

I went with a APR K04, I like how clean the install was and it was only like $150 off of CTS with their sale price.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR

Nice isn't it. Congrats and enjoy. I hope to have some new numbers up in Jan. The last time at the dyno in April 2014 was with water meth 335/336.