GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Driver Motorsport - from GIAC to DM - the journey begins 2/27

thirdlobe

Passed Driver's Ed
Not for nothing but I went from a E46 M3 to a E30 to a E36 M3 - the GTI I own now is just different. All those BMWs were VERY fun to drive. The GTI is just different experience.

Those "VERY" fun to drive cars are very hefty on the pocketbook when repairs come as well.

bostonaudi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1995 BMW M3
But VW has superior interior.

Yes, in spades. While the vaders in my M3 look cool, the plaid sport seats in my GTI were far more comfortable and supportive. At 6'5" my MK5 was one of the few cars I have ever felt truly comfortable in, with an excellent seating position.

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
what happened on the dyno day?

x2

I am planning on dynoing mine once I get my install sorted out. I want to see what a water meth setup can do.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
x2

I am planning on dynoing mine once I get my install sorted out. I want to see what a water meth setup can do.

As soon as I get a chance I will be working on the car a bit and tuning up water meth and going back to dyno soon. Need to get things sorted out.

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
I have question regarding the snow performance setup, a friend of mine has a Seat Cupra R which is running K04 and he is running Revo software stage 2+ and his car setup is almost close to yours. He runs snow performance FSI stage2 kit, with nozzle 2 (100ml/min) in the TB spacer and nozzle 3 (175ml/min) in the BSH throttle pipe, I feel it is not enough as the timing pull is still high. Actually I know devilsown very well but I have no experience with snow performance.

I adjusted the controller exactly like yours but still timing pull is very bad.
http://s1051.photobucket.com/user/GIACUser/media/Snowsett_zpsa2b83eb6.jpg.html

Do you think he need to upgrade the nozzles from 100 to 175 in TB spacer and from 175 to 225 in BSH Throttle Pipe or what?
Thanks in advance man.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
I have question regarding the snow performance setup, a friend of mine has a Seat Cupra R which is running K04 and he is running Revo software stage 2+ and his car setup is almost close to yours. He runs snow performance FSI stage2 kit, with nozzle 2 (100ml/min) in the TB spacer and nozzle 3 (175ml/min) in the BSH throttle pipe, I feel it is not enough as the timing pull is still high. Actually I know devilsown very well but I have no experience with snow performance.

I adjusted the controller exactly like yours but still timing pull is very bad.
http://s1051.photobucket.com/user/GIACUser/media/Snowsett_zpsa2b83eb6.jpg.html

Do you think he need to upgrade the nozzles from 100 to 175 in TB spacer and from 175 to 225 in BSH Throttle Pipe or what?
Thanks in advance man.

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3760190&postcount=65

Carfreak226

Detailer Extraordinaire
Car(s)
2007 GTI MKV
So I'll be going K04 here in the next few weeks. I've been on the fence with this company's tune. Seems like DM is hit or miss when it comes to drivability, and programming. Somebody tell me otherwise, because I'm going to pull that $$$$ trigger in T-minus 48Hours.

Robert aoun

Ready to race!
Dm is just awesome go for it no regrets had it for 2 months car pulls strong and no issues till now knock on woods as for programming i have no idea

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
So I'll be going K04 here in the next few weeks. I've been on the fence with this company's tune. Seems like DM is hit or miss when it comes to drivability, and programming. Somebody tell me otherwise, because I'm going to pull that $$$$ trigger in T-minus 48Hours.

I have no idea where you got your information about DM. Their tunes are 100% hit, no misses. The misses come when you apply the tune to a car that is not 100% up to snuff mechanically. Usually these tunes get applied to cars that have a number of miles on them and of course have on top of that been modified. Some folks are very systematic about bringing all the possible wear or problem parts up to new status before going K04, some take the approach of replace as necessary. Doing the prior is more expensive but it can keep you from chasing demons later. That is what I did when I went K04 about 1.5 years ago and have had only a minor problem or two to deal with.

The huge bonus for me was that you get the files directly from the tuner and can install them on your own.

As for drivability (speaking K04) that is exactly where they excel. I took a ride through my favorite twisty 12 mile high speed run yesterday and there is just so much usable power everywhere. The only thing I wished for on my run were the brake pads I use for the track because the car was so damn fast on the straights.

Coming back in to town driving normal again is also a joy as the tune makes great low end torque making it delightful to just put the car in D and cruise around. Or if you have a manual same thing, light revs, light throttle produces great torque at low rpm, perfect for scooting around town without scaring everyone.

If you have experience driving other K04 tunes you will probably note that they are big on the top end but lack power down low around 2500-3500 rpm. With NON DM tunes you are likely going to be driving around in town, in manual mode, to keep the rpms up into the power band. Or in a gear that keeps the rpms up above 3500 so you have some bit of power with light throttle.

The DM K04+ tune is a gem. Buy it, you will not regret it.

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Dm K04+ is not an option, it is a must when you go for K04.

This. There is no better K04 tune available, and I can say their stage 2+ was much more refined than APR.