GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY: Parktronic Retrofit

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus

Please refer to this thread for the rear bumper removal DIY.
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3138599

Enjoy :beer:

P.S. You folk with Euro GTI and Parktronic from the factory suck. :mad: :wink:

See attached for Parktronic DIY.

Attachments

• PARKTRONIC DIY (1 of 2).pdf
    947.7 KB · Views: 4,310
  • PARKTRONIC DIY (2 of 2).pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 2,346

VDubVirus

Euro-Elitist Moderator
Car(s)
2012 A3 S-Line 2.0T
or you can just learn to park......lol :bellyroll:

:thumbsup:

ewoo

Rally Car Newbie
Thanks for the write-up! :w00t:

But what a pain in the ass! Not worth it IMHO. Especially if you live in LA. Different story if you lived in NYC.

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
Thanks for the write-up! :w00t:

But what a pain in the ass! Not worth it IMHO. Especially if you live in LA. Different story if you lived in NYC.

well, i put it on because i was backing into my parking spot almost everyday and inching almost as close as possible to the car behind me. although now, my new parking doesn't allow backing in, so i'm not really gonna use it now. oh well.

Plague

Radio Guy
Car(s)
2002 GTI
I drove the new LS460 a few months back for a few days. the Self Park was pretty cool. yet pointless if you actually live in LA or NYC.. you still have to use the brake to control the speed of the system. and it takes over a minute to actually set up the system to begin parking. cool gadget but most def not need in society. lets face it. if you cant park your own car. then you shouldnt be driving on the roads at all. backup sensors make way more sense and should be in all cars as std equipment. :thumbup:

willsgti

Black Magic
Car(s)
MKV GTI
i dont mean to bust your balls but are car is super small why would u need this on our car?