GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Crickets in my engine? :iono:

Mataleao9380

Ready to race!
my car makes the same noise. after i start driving in the morning it goes away and doesn't come back til the next morning. i don't feel any differences in the car or ac/heating

Bring it in to the dealer IMO. The rubing can't be all that great for the timing belt. It would also be good to have it documented by the dealer in case of an early failure of the timing belt.

etang789

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Bring it in to the dealer IMO. The rubing can't be all that great for the timing belt. It would also be good to have it documented by the dealer in case of an early failure of the timing belt.

Well my problem is that my warranty is over AND the dealer in Hong Kong for VW has changed. So I dont really have a dealer to go back to ! :frown:

alexmkv

Ready to race!
I think I'm a bit late to this belt noise party.... my car has the same noise roughly after a long cold soak, it needs to be minimum 4 hrs or so in minus C weather.
I didn't take it to the dealer but so far I'm convinced it's the serpentine belt, the noise seems to be coming closest to the crank pulley, I think it's just misalignment noise, changing the belt should fix it for another 30K miles.
I'm not in good relations with my dealer so I think I'll have a second one take a look at it.

chip8872

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 CW GTI
Mine was making the same noise last year around April. On one visit the dealer replaced the timing belt hoping that would correct it. That did not work. After that, they replaced the belt tensioner. That seemed to cure the noise. All was good until November. The noise was back and happening on cold starts and lasting until the engine warmed. The car is back at the dealer. After a couple of days they have figured out the water pump is leaking coolant into the tensioner. They did not notice this in April. I should get the car back on Monday (parts had to be ordered). I will let you know how it turns out. I assume everything will be good since replacing the tensioner last time worked. At least this time they figured out the source (hopefully).

s4mt3k

binary four
Car(s)
'11 Tundra
OP ur audio file doesnt work anymore, it would be nice to be able to hear it to verify but from the thread posts I can already tell thats the noise Ive been wondering about for a few thousand miles :) im taking it to the dealer as soon as i can.

Mataleao9380

Ready to race!
My car is at the dealership for the exact same problem according to the dealer is the timing belt, which in my opinion the sound appears to be coming from the a/c belt , but i am getting my timing belt changed for free and i have 27,000 miles on it, so sounds good to me, as long as they fix it, because i already made 2 trips with no luck.

Have you gotten yours resolved?

Mataleao9380

Ready to race!
I dunno if you guys ever look at the front page..but just in case you didnt'...what do you think I should do about the flashlight incident? This would not be the first time they left something in the engine bay..last time it was a wrench..

Should I call someone besides the service manager--which I already did. And his response was.."well thats convenient"... wtf what does that mean?

Mr. White

MESPELLENG WURDZ!
Car(s)
2010 Jetta
lol so you have been there 1 million times and he decides to be a smart ass, i would threten the bbb on his dealership and tell him that you will tell everyone not to go there because they are terrible if they dont fix it and fix it right. i mean yeah a flashlight is nice but not in your engine. lol. man i love some vw dealers sometimes

Mataleao9380

Ready to race!
lol so you have been there 1 million times and he decides to be a smart ass, i would threten the bbb on his dealership and tell him that you will tell everyone not to go there because they are terrible if they dont fix it and fix it right. i mean yeah a flashlight is nice but not in your engine. lol. man i love some vw dealers sometimes

I just filed a complaint through VW customer care (telnumber: 8008228987, option 5). Hopefully I won't get any backlash for doing this but his response definitely made me fume.

Mataleao9380

Ready to race!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mataleao9380
Hey man, chances are the cover just needs to be repositioned.

Anyway, my car is going back to dealer since its doing it again . The guy that repositioned the old one (which worked a full week) wasn't there when I got my new one put in. The "new" tech that put the new one in was a noob and needed another tech to help him put it back in (it took nearly an hour and a half).

I will update you on the part number when I find my paperwork.
Thanks man!
Thanks man!

I finally posted it, sorry for the delay.