GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

carPC steering wheel controls

nayfen

TDI NINJA
This is one of the good things about being a technician at FedEx. I got a whole kit of heat shrink with about 30 different sizes.

Now we all know where missing packages end up.:paddle:

wireb

Just a noob with a welder
Ok good news the hardware AND firmware checkout is done :)

Things to note:
The sniffer code misses some packets (you get a error code from the adapter). This is due to the fact the can bus is running slightly faster than what I can stuff down the serial port. Right now I am at 115.2kbps which is the max for most normal PC serial ports. If your PC supports a faster rate (some do) let me know what the max is and I can make another build with a higher setting. (I can support any rate that uses hole numbers in this formula (+/- a few percent) Baud Rate = 20,000,000/(16(X+1)).)) The button code does not have this issue since I filter the packets at the MCP2515 level and the traffic on the serial bus is so much lower.

If you try and do a code update to the device while running snoop firmware on a active bus the perl script seems to hang. Actually the first thing I do is flush the bus. Since the adapter is streaming out data it never sees the bus go quiet and it just waits for ever. 1 possible fix and 1 known fix. Software fix would be to just remove the bus flush and go directly into the code. Should work just did not feel like trying at the time (dam cold in the garage). Known fix is to just remove the key from the ignition and wait a few seconds :) once the infotainment bus goes to sleep the update code works as expected. Note the button code does not have this issue since it does not say anything until you press a button.

Here are some pictures of my finished adapter with and without the heat shrink.

I need to finish up the construction guide and collect all the sample code in one spot. Once that is done I will have the documentation package finished and get that posted up on the web.

wireb

GTI Fahrenheit
nhbubba
Golfdubcrazy
darcness

I am ready to ship your orders :) Everything is kitted up and I just need to program the micros and seal up the envelope.

Please send me a PM with the following:
Which firmware (buttons or dump. See previous post about dump limitations)
If you want a piece of heat shrink
Your zip (for all you non UK residents :)
Email address you want me to send the Pay Pal request to.

If I used the online postage calculator correctly the padded envelope is under the weight limits for first class mail. So shipping in the US will be between $1 to $3. UK for 2 kits was about $6.

wireb

wireb

Nhbubba and GTI Fahrenheit you have a pay pal request :)

Everything is packed up just need to slap on the postage label and drop them off.

wireb

Nhbubba and GTI Fahrenheit your packages are in the Mail.
Darcness you have a pay pal request :)

Just waiting on Golf to respond and I can get the last of the first batch out.

wireb

Golfdubcrazy you out there? If so send me a note back please!

If I don't hear back from Golfdubcrazy this week I will have 2 full kits available for sale. Golf has first dibs on them this week but they credit card bill is due and I cannot hold them forever.