GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BSH Mounts to Density Line

Brigand253

Ready to race!
I'm noticing that the lower poly bushing on my BSH mounts are looking flattened a bit these days and I was thinking of replacing them with 034's Density mounts.

Does anyone have experience with this? Specifically, did you go with Street or Track, and how did your selection compare to the NVH of the BSH style mount?

The rubber bushing in the 034 Densitys appear to be fully encased, so I think that might make them stiffer than what the durometer rating indicates, but I'm not sure.

Thanks all for any info you can provide.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Well one of my cars has SPM mounts (exactly like BSH) and the other has O34 mounts so I've got some experience here. Personally I love the BSH mounts, I think they do the job very very well. Especially if you are a very spirited driver. The O34 mounts are fantastic for a daily upgrade, however they do have some slop to them. I put them somewhere between OEM and BSH, very nice compromise for a daily. However, the O34's leave a little to be desired if you're looking for maximum performance, but if your looking for OEM like NVH but better performance than OEM I don't think you can beat them.

FYI, Im running the street density O34 mounts, wouldn't go track density, if you want that performance just rebush your BSH mounts.

Brigand253

Ready to race!
Thanks for the reply. I really like the BSH mounts and I might just refresh the bushings. The only downside I can see to the BSH design is that the bushings aren't captive and I noticed the the bottom bushing appears to be pancaking a bit and looks a little flatter as they've aged.

It's tough to decide, but the Street Densities might be a better match for me and my driving habits at this point.

Thanks again for the reply [emoji846]