GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Brex buddy got them for me

eddie1681

Ready to race!
My buddy just got back from Japan and he brought these back for me.

Anyone used them, they are kindda spendy but it has a canbus canceller built-in

Here are some pictures

I am going to install them and get some pictures up, ge got 8 sets of them

anyone want to get a set?

PM me

eddie1681

Ready to race!
Sorry guys, they are for city lights and license plate

Its HID white, I will install and take pictures

what is good about them is, they have a canbus canceller built-in, so no light out error

funky_chilli

Go Kart Champion
where r u located? is that 45 as in £45 or USD$45? haha big difference!!

if it's £45 then that's pretty much AUD$100 where I'm from (australia)...if u can get them under USD$45 i'll grab a couple of sets of the license plate bulbs off ya....but then u'd have to send them to me here in australia :)

heck if u can get them for £45 i'd even consider a set....expensive yes but a hell of a lot easier getting them off u than from all the way in japan! :)

eddie1681

Ready to race!
where r u located? is that 45 as in £45 or USD$45? haha big difference!!

if it's £45 then that's pretty much AUD$100 where I'm from (australia)...if u can get them under USD$45 i'll grab a couple of sets of the license plate bulbs off ya....but then u'd have to send them to me here in australia :)

heck if u can get them for £45 i'd even consider a set....expensive yes but a hell of a lot easier getting them off u than from all the way in japan! :)

I am still waiting for my friend to get back to me, he is sleeping - jetlag

I am hoping for 45USD

I am going to try and install them after work tomorrow

JetTurbo

geezer
Car(s)
2018 GTi Autobahn 6M
Brex bulbs are expensive

That is one good friend to bring those back for you.:thumbsup:

how much?
last time i checked these were abt $100 a set.....

Yea, currency exchange comes into play, I had even seen higher prices for a pair of Brex bulbs and that was for delivery in Japan!
The bulbs have a built in resistor so they present a load similar to a regular bulb, satisfying lamp out sensors. Would only make sense to use such an expensive bulb in cirucits with lamp fail sensing of course.

r32-1163 on VW Vortex uses the Brex bulbs, he posted about them on VW Vortex a couple of times. He put a set in his license lights, and a different bulb in his city lights which he later moved to his footwell lights.

Considering a regular LED bulb of similar brightness cost about $5 and an external resistor is even less - the Brex are a steep investment. Granted adding a resistor can be labor intensive while the Brex are plug and play.

riggley

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
VW Golf GTI -08
I installed these a few months ago as parking lights. I can post some pictures later on when it's a bit darker here in sweden :)

25$ each pair.