GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Boost Issue

ABQGTI08

Southwest dubber
Car(s)
2008 Tornado Red GTI
Having issue after installing a used Eurojet Racing CAI...the car is not boosting over 5 to 8 lbs in 3 and 4 gear. Also, noticed that his noise pipe is always popping off by the firewall. Car is on OEM software.

I have replaced the DV value since the car is still on the original DV after almost 75K

Here are the codes I'm getting...

Address 01: Engine Labels: 06F-907-115-AXX.lbl
Part No SW: 1K0 907 115 S HW: 8P0 907 115 B
Component: 2.0l R4/4V TFSI 0020
Revision: 5BH16--- Serial number: VWX7Z0H43N58NB
Coding: 0403010A18070160
Shop #: WSC 01279 785 00200
VCID: 364DEBD7419380AE71B-8063

2 Faults Found:
000665 - Boost Pressure Regulation
P0299 - 002 - Control Range Not Reached - MIL ON
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 11100010
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 255
Mileage: 120235 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2000.00.00
Time: 19:07:42

Freeze Frame:
RPM: 4384 /min
Load: 100.0 %
Speed: 88.0 km/h
Temperature: 68.0°C
Temperature: 23.0°C
Absolute Pres.: 830.0 mbar
Voltage: 14.224 V

004759 - Pressure Drop between Turbo and Throttle Valve (check D.V.!)
P1297 - 002 -
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01100010
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 255
Mileage: 120243 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2000.00.00
Time: 19:15:11

Freeze Frame:
RPM: 3258 /min
Load: 100.0 %
Speed: 111.0 km/h
Temperature: 78.0°C
Temperature: 25.0°C
Absolute Pres.: 840.0 mbar
Voltage: 13.970 V

Readiness: 0000 0000

P1297 was the first code I was getting right after the first CEL come up. P0299 show up after the DV replacement

I was wondering if my turbo is going bad or could it be something else...

Last edited:

ABQGTI08

Southwest dubber
Car(s)
2008 Tornado Red GTI
Can anyone Help?

Car(s)
Subaru
I'm not of much help but I'd take a stab at a leak. Perhaps in intercooler, connections or throttle pipe?

this pretty much

just check the connections. if you dont see any, take the hoses off and check the rubber seals on the quick connects. also, check the diverter valve for rips and buy a rev d one if the rev g is ripped.

if all that checks out, take it to a shop for a smoke test

good luck man

Car(s)
Subaru
just read the first post completely and sounds like the noise pipe is causing the problems. might need to delete it our fix whats causing the leak there.

sorry for my first post. i just read michail77's comment and went with it

ABQGTI08

Southwest dubber
Car(s)
2008 Tornado Red GTI
It's odd the noise pipe keeps popping off. I'm curious to see what the problem is.

Very odd indeed. I'm going to pick up a noise pipe delete kit to see if we can fix the issue.

flat tire

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Electric + 135i
You don't need a kit. Remove all the noise maker stuff except the rubber hose mounted on the throttle body pipe. Then go to the hardware store buy a freeze plug big enough to fit inside the rubber hose coming off the pipe, expand it and secure with a hose clamp on the outside of the hose. Done. People have also plugged just the outlet with an expander plug but my solution avoids having to worry about breaking the plastic while cranking on the expander plug to make sure it doesn't come out under boost (this happened to me before while using the inferior plug-in-TBP method and it fucked up my hood).

michail77

Go Kart Champion
Is it the same size plug used for the direct throttle pipe plug? There are two sizes mentioned in that thread but I found no mention of using the rubber hose.

That sounds like a good option. I've been trying to find a used throttle pipe for a while now but they don't come up too often. I'd just like to get the noise pipe out of the way.

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI

ABQGTI08

Southwest dubber
Car(s)
2008 Tornado Red GTI
Purchased, shipping was a little high but seems like a clean and easy solution.

I was wondering if you can take a couple of pics of your installation.

Austin_hull

Für Die Liebe Des Autos
Car(s)
MK5 TR GTI REVO// +

For the Noise Pipe Delete? Man, it's stupidly simple....There's two clamps, one on either end of the pipe, you simply take off the clamps, and unbolt the pipe in the middle, and buy a 1 5/8" plug, and tighten that sucker into the throttle body! I did mine in literally 120 seconds.....

flat tire mentioned that you don't remove the rubber hose....I did, and no problems whatsoever. It also looks cleaner IMO

michail77

Go Kart Champion

Sure, I haven't actually seen any of the IE Silicone pipe installed so I'll put it up. It's shipping UPS ground so it will probably be a week before it's in.

I figured this is safer than a plug and seems like a clean install. I just want to free up some engine bay space and get better throttle response.

Gtihead

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
07' Gti
Dont forget the sensor, unplug it before anything and make sure the pipe clears your fans. Its easier to connect the tb coupler side first then connect the intercooler piping last. Vw makes the engine bays knuckle bleeders.