GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Blown something....?

danger dan

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
gti
hahah, yea a wide open pcv system could almost certainly be the cause. let us know if it fixes everything 100%

Phil@BSH

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTi FSi
Your car is in a protection map. Normally you clear fault codes and reset the ecm after something like that. Continue inspecting for leaks, however it will usually take 2-3 start ups before the ecm accepts that life is good.

-Phill

Lou_Y2mK5

Go Kart Champion
Okay I will try to start a few more times. Car still acts the same after one more start after taking apart the cool side ic hose and putting it back on. This time I made sure it was on nice and snug.

So far Eurojet has been pissing me off! :mad0259:

I did find another potential leak on the discharge ic hose. The screw that secures the splash guard made a slight hole in the ic hose. I got a video from my 2.0megapix cameraphone. It's about 2 mins. How can I post it up?

Attachments

• Boost Leak.JPG
    Boost Leak.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 296
  • Boost Leak (1).jpg
    Boost Leak (1).jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 306
  • Boost Leak (2).JPG
    Boost Leak (2).JPG
    115.8 KB · Views: 298
  • Boost Leak (3).JPG
    Boost Leak (3).JPG
    93 KB · Views: 299

Phil@BSH

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTi FSi
Man that is a lot of oil. It may not be a bad idea to spray some electrical parts cleaner on the MAP and IAT sensors.

Hesitation at idle may be fouled plugs do to the air leak / oil you have going on.

HoldDaMayo

Leaner and Meaner
Car(s)
2007 GTI UG 5 Door
wow, you've done all this to your car in 5k miles???? You sir, are a speed addict ;)

Good luck Lou, hope everything works out without any major cost.

Phil@BSH

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTi FSi
Why would I have so much oil? Flooring it too much? Overfilled oil level? Just cracked the 5k mile mark and got an oil change at the dealer.
Unfortuneately VW's typically have incredibly oily gross motors. The PCV issues these cars have dont help much either. I have the same check valve you do and just recently I noticed the presence of seapage around my oil cap. You may want to dissasemble the check valve and make sure it is functioning properly.