GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

AVIC 900bt. Can anyone provide me a walkthrough to do the install with Connects 2???

d.C

DJ
It all depends in the brand of head unit you have, most of them will work just grounding that wire and other like the pioneers, you have to move one wire in the power harness of the radio to a different spot in the harness.

But if you want to do it the "right" way, yes... parking brake wire to parking brake wire.

thank you.
i have the f90bt, i plan on doing the software bypass.

can you tell me what are the steps to the hardware bypassing?

Edgar

Made in Beanerland!!
Look here, this a list of parts that you need to install your navi.

If you want to get a deal i have all of them minus the radio brand specific module, in this case you need the SWI-PS.

I have the antenna adapter, AI dash kit, the swi-can anf the PAC C2R-VW radio harness.

Let me know.

Edgar

d.C

DJ
thanks Edgar. i installed everything yesterday along with my connects2. when i was uninstalling my stock hu i knew i forgot something.

we have two antenna cables from the car, which one do you plug into the metra adaptor?

quality_sound

hmm.......
Car(s)
'21 GTI S DSG
It doesn't matter but I used the tan one.

d.C

DJ
thanks, does the blue wire coming out from the adaptor have to be connected as well?

damn it's cheaper to have stuff shipped to me from incarexpress.com than Enfig.

lf06vwjtdi

Almost there...with a few questions

Hey guys I need some help please.

I wired my Connects2 harness to my F900BT harness and followed our friend quality_sounds instructions and pictures, but I noticed some differences in my Connects2 harness and that's where I need help with.

Here are my questions:

1. Matched color by color all wires from the cut DIN connectors of Connects2 to my HU harness. Differences:

a. Solid orange wire on Connects2 could not be found on HU's harness.
HU however, had a peach/white wire with tag "ILL" and I just went
ahead and connected the two together. Was this right?

b. Green/white wire on Connects2 could not be found on HU's harness.
HU however, had a solid pale green wire with tag "PARKING BRAKE" and
I just went ahead and connected the two together. Was this right?

2. At this point I am left with the following wires whose matchup I wanted to double check:

a. Black wire on Connects2 ending with a fork connector. Black wire on
HU harness, no tags. Should I be cutting the fork connector off and then wire the two together? And what would this be, the ground?

b. Blue wire on Connects2 ending with a female spade connector. Blue wire
on HU harness, tagged "ANTENNA CONTROL". Should I be cutting the spade connector off and then wire the two together?

3. And question 2.b brings me to the last question:

a. Where does the blue wire in the EU-55 aerial adapter go? Is it wired together with the blue wires from Connects2 and HU harnesses, so that you have three blue wires connected together?

Thanks in advance guys, I really appreciate your help. :smile: