GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

AVIC 900bt. Can anyone provide me a walkthrough to do the install with Connects 2???

dirtymanpon

Ready to race!
Hey guys I need some help please.

I wired my Connects2 harness to my F900BT harness and followed our friend quality_sounds instructions and pictures, but I noticed some differences in my Connects2 harness and that's where I need help with.

Here are my questions:

1. Matched color by color all wires from the cut DIN connectors of Connects2 to my HU harness. Differences:

a. Solid orange wire on Connects2 could not be found on HU's harness.
HU however, had a peach/white wire with tag "ILL" and I just went
ahead and connected the two together. Was this right?

b. Green/white wire on Connects2 could not be found on HU's harness.
HU however, had a solid pale green wire with tag "PARKING BRAKE" and
I just went ahead and connected the two together. Was this right?

2. At this point I am left with the following wires whose matchup I wanted to double check:

a. Black wire on Connects2 ending with a fork connector. Black wire on
HU harness, no tags. Should I be cutting the fork connector off and then wire the two together? And what would this be, the ground?

b. Blue wire on Connects2 ending with a female spade connector. Blue wire
on HU harness, tagged "ANTENNA CONTROL". Should I be cutting the spade connector off and then wire the two together?

3. And question 2.b brings me to the last question:

a. Where does the blue wire in the EU-55 aerial adapter go? Is it wired together with the blue wires from Connects2 and HU harnesses, so that you have three blue wires connected together?

Thanks in advance guys, I really appreciate your help. :smile:

1. That should be right.

2. A: Yes that is the ground.
B: I'm not real sure.

Edgar

Made in Beanerland!!
b. Blue wire on Connects2 ending with a female spade connector. Blue wire
on HU harness, tagged "ANTENNA CONTROL". Should I be cutting the spade connector off and then wire the two together?

No, you are goin to mess it up if you put the together, they both have current in them, just seal the one from the C2 harness and use the one from your HU to power your antenna adapter.

Edgar

Made in Beanerland!!
in one harness the green wire is the speed pulse and in the other the speed pulse is pink.

So, look at it to see wich one you have.

Edgar

lf06vwjtdi

in one harness the green wire is the speed pulse and in the other the speed pulse is pink.

So, look at it to see wich one you have.

Edgar

Yes, in mine the speed pulse was pink and it color matched perfectly. Loom2 type I think.

Thank you guys for your replies. A couple more answers and I think this thread will be idiot-proof. :w00t:

Edgar

Made in Beanerland!!
Yes, in mine the speed pulse was pink and it color matched perfectly. Loom2 type I think.

Thank you guys for your replies. A couple more answers and I think this thread will be idiot-proof. :w00t:

I bet it will.

I just glad I can help and contribute to the forum. :thumbsup:

sdmcoupe

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 VW GTI SE
Guys,

I'm a little vague on where the light green parking brake wire is supposed to attach? To ground (black wires)? To the connects2 light green wire? So somewhere else like? THe pioneer manual says to attach it to the power supply side of the parking brake switch...uh wherever that is.

I'm not getting video on my 4200 after my initial install and think that this may have something to do with it. I keep getting a warning message about watching video.

Thanks
Rob