GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone else find Mk7 Seats uncomfortable?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
These are the most comfortable seats I’ve had, even better than the MK4 R seats, imho

caleb.mk7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 DSG
These are the most comfortable seats I’ve had, even better than the MK4 R seats, imho
Looks like you got the leather power adjustable. I'm truly jealous! Didn't know what I was getting into when I purchased my S.
Maybe I'll spend a bit more on the one! The plaid seats are only 4 way adjustable and are kinda cursed imo.

caleb.mk7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 DSG
Here you go:

2x Hillman Heavy Steel bushings 3/8" inside diameter x 3/4" outside diameter x 3/4" length
2x Hillman M10-1.5x50mm socket cap screws (10mm diameter, 1.5mm thread pitch)

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthr...e-please!!&p=91592930&viewfull=1#post91592930

After reading this thread a bit more I'm feeling really confident about this fix. Just need to find out where to get all the hardware and if I have the correct tools. Thanks Diggs!

I was thinking it was just me :LOL: Glad to see its not the case!

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
I find them very comfortable however I have a hard time adjusting the seating position for the best driving experience.

Mk7tsi3door

Go Kart Newbie
I had poverty spec seats in my golf launch edition I hated them an unbelievable amount so I swapped in seats from an a4. I’m glad I did, it’s such a big difference being comfortable

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I wish my 18 SE had a memory seat. Every time I go to the car wash it takes too damn long getting it adjusted how I like it.

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
I wish my 18 SE had a memory seat. Every time I go to the car wash it takes too damn long getting it adjusted how I like it.

You go to one of those car washes that they drive the car in for you? Don't think we have any like that around here.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
You go to one of those car washes that they drive the car in for you? Don't think we have any like that around here.

Yes. It's full service so they do the inside also. Used to do it myself.

VAG_Guy

Passed Driver's Ed
I actually like the stock cloth seats a bunch. I can see how they could be uncomfortable for bigger people with the side bolsters.

Tim2K20GTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 VW GTI SE
I've only had my GTI for a little amount of time but I'm definitely feeling the right side bolster on my ribcage. No issues anywhere else on the seats.

MDH1

Car(s)
Golf mk7
I'm 6'1" - on the skinnier side - and I've been finding my seats fairly uncomfortable recently. I'm to the point where I'm constantly adjusting/shifting my weight.
It's starting to kill the enjoyment of driving for me. Even on my shorter 12 mile commute. :confused: I've tried a number of different seat positions and being farther back and higher help some, but I just can't get comfortable.

I've never thought about driver seat comfort in any of my other vehicles. They always felt fine. Maybe the seats are just a little too firm for my skinney frame..
So glad I've found this!

I've a TDi GT and find the seats the most uncomfortable I've ever had.

I'm only 5'8 (but relative longish legs for a shorty), and I end up with a sore back, or sore knees.

I'd thought it's because the pedal alignment seems off and the seat cushion is too short. To get the clutch fully depressed I need to be closer to the rest of the pedals than seems right. I end up with knees bent and let's sitting high. Going to look into these spacers!

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
After 4 hours, they're terrible for me. Up to 2 hours, they're reasonably comfortable for me.

I'm a just under 5' 11" and 190lbs.