GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Adding OPS to mk5 that does not have factory PDC ?

TDI_DSG

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf MK5

that's what i would get. (same seller i got my 4 sensor system from)
just don't expect much in the way of after sales support.

it will save you about half the cost, and in the end it will work just as effectively as the kufatec or genuine parts will.

the only part of the setup you will actually see are the sensor heads, and these would be the same no matter what kit you end up buying.

Jason.

Booba

Ready to race!
I just purchased the 8 sensor kit and plan to retrofit the rear sensors to be ops compatible and drill and fit the front. Will take photos along the way for all interested.

Has anyone actually drilled front golf bar? I have no idea on where to put the holes.

TDI_DSG

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf MK5
does your car have factory fitted rear sensors ?

i think the ones that come with the kit are a different size than the oem fitted ones.

as for the front ones, all i can recommend it to go look at a few cars that have front
sensors fitted, and have an educated guess as to where to place them on the golf.

good luck, keep us informed of your progress.

Jason

Booba

Ready to race!
I received the kit today.

The harness is definately oem however unknown which car it would have come out of. Possibly golf 6?

All parts are genuine including the buzzers. previously mentioned that the buzzers were skoda but these were vw. no matter because they share parts anyway.

I checked my factory sensors and these ones will fit in the old brackets that I have which is awesome.

I am about to unravel the harness to see how that is configured but it is all pretty straight forward from the basic instructions. Will double check can bus connections.

The pdc ecu is genuine skoda part. this is ok and won't pose problems in golf. the passat versions - 3c8 xxx xxx versions will post a problem with an error about electric brake which is why i asked carsystems to send me a 1z0 unit.

tamorgen

The harness is definately oem however unknown which car it would have come out of. Possibly golf 6?

All parts are genuine including the buzzers. previously mentioned that the buzzers were skoda but these were vw. no matter because they share parts anyway.

I checked my factory sensors and these ones will fit in the old brackets that I have which is awesome.

I am about to unravel the harness to see how that is configured but it is all pretty straight forward from the basic instructions. Will double check can bus connections.

The pdc ecu is genuine skoda part. this is ok and won't pose problems in golf. the passat versions - 3c8 xxx xxx versions will post a problem with an error about electric brake which is why i asked carsystems to send me a 1z0 unit.

Did you get yours installed? I've been looking at putting one in my 07 GLI for some time, just leary of the comm errors. Would prefer a better option, but as far as I know, the MKVI Golf controller hasn't been tested yet in a MKV.

Booba

Ready to race!
golf mkvi controller has been tested as per members of vwnavi.

there is nothing wrong with using skoda controller 1z0 919 475c for 8 sensor.

rears are installed. all the wiring is done to the switch, front engine bay. i just need to complete it at some point by drilling the front bar.

Did you get yours installed? I've been looking at putting one in my 07 GLI for some time, just leary of the comm errors. Would prefer a better option, but as far as I know, the MKVI Golf controller hasn't been tested yet in a MKV.

Last edited:

tamorgen

golf mkvi controller has been tested as per members of vwnavi.

there is nothing wrong with using skoda controller 1z0 919 478c for 8 sensor.

rears are installed. all the wiring is done to the switch, front engine bay. i just need to complete it at some point by drilling the front bar.

Excellent! Thanks for the info. There was a lot of mentions of comms errors several months back, so I wasn't sure. Do you have the RVC as well? I think you said something over on Maverick's site that different versions were required for having the RVC hooked up.

Booba

Ready to race!
Sorry, my bad typo, controller should be 1z0 919 475c.

I do have RVC. I am currently using 1z0 919 475 or 1z0 919 475b i think. do not use controllers beginning with 3c8, these are for passat and will give you electric brake errors that cannot be disabled as passat has elec brake.

I am not aware of different versions for rvc. There is a coding on the controller itself that mentions the rvc is active as well on controller and a coding on rns for this. both need to be coded properly to have rvc overlay.

Excellent! Thanks for the info. There was a lot of mentions of comms errors several months back, so I wasn't sure. Do you have the RVC as well? I think you said something over on Maverick's site that different versions were required for having the RVC hooked up.

M4RK0

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI - MK6
Success ! :happyanim: (well kinda)

did the install today.
the good news is the system does work.

bad news is i now have a bunch of errors that i didn't have before.

the kit i bought had some issues too. the wiring harness was incorrectly put together !
At first, i couldn't even connect to the new controller.
some pins in the plug at the controller were in the wrong places.

once we figured out why it wasn't working, all was ok.
i still obviously have some coding issues to sort out though.

ill post the error list at the end of this post after the pics and video.
the keen eyed might also spot the new color coded rear valance !

pics below.

before....

the install

i had someone walk towards the car for the below video.
so it is actually working, despite the errors.

you can tell in the video, that somethings not quite right. the audio does not mute when reverse is selected.

heres the list of new errors. im hoping it's just coding issues.

Saturday,11,September,2010,22:57:36:60433
VCDS Version: Release 10.6.1 (x64)
Data version: 20100831

also, ill head out on Monday, and get the exhaust tips fitted too....

Jason.

It looks awesome Jason!!! :headbang:

M4RK0

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI - MK6

Booba, all the best on this mod!!! :thumbup:

Booba

Ready to race!
All went well except I just have been too lazy to take off front bar and mount sensor. currently using 4 sensor version of controller however all wires are run to the engine bay and switch, buzzers are in place.

Booba, all the best on this mod!!! :thumbup:

M4RK0

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI - MK6
All went well except I just have been too lazy to take off front bar and mount sensor. currently using 4 sensor version of controller however all wires are run to the engine bay and switch, buzzers are in place.

Awesome man! put some pics!!! don't be lazy man!! :happyanim: