GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2008 Rabbit w/ Carbonio intake and Underdrive pulleys vs. 240sx

Teknophreak

Rally Car Champion
Is it me, or do Rabbit owners have the biggest chips on their shoulders?? I've seen some of the most outrageous claims coming from Rabbit owners. 210WHP from a few mods. You'd need at least 45 extra HP to hit that. Not happening on a lightly modded N/A car that only serves up 170HP stock. I wonder if it's because Rabbit owners are probably younger guys that feel they need to prove something?

And don't think I'm hating on Rabbits. They are good cars. They just aren't race cars. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

lancGTI

www.oli.org
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Did anyone notice he beat a MKIV GTI, yet he's claiming [alledgedly] that he can keep with a MKV GTI?

underoathlog: I'm not trying to be cocky, but look at the stock times in my sig. I'm sorry, but a Rabbit with Intake/Exhaust/Pulley & Chip is not going to run those times. I saw a manual Rabbit MKV run at the same track I ran those times at. With I/E/springs/gutted trunk, he drove it to a 15.4 @ 90mph. NOT EVEN CLOSE, in fact, more than a full second behind.

To get similar GTI times, you'll need: Ported head, better cams & a header [if staying N/A]; a turbo kit [to which you should be quicker than my intake only GTI], or a Nitrous kit with a remap capable to run with it. I'm not pissing in your cornflakes, just stating the obvious. If you cannot comprehend that, well, that's not my problem.

Drone

Watching U
Car(s)
2006 VW Rabbit
Also i said 210 Bhp not Whp The GTi starts with 200Bhp so im estimating that i would be about as fast

And whats all this about Big Claims?

Why wouldnt a 2008 rabbit (170hp stock) with intake, pulleys, and chip be able to get 210 bhp????

thats probably an underestimate!

You all may be thinking that i have an 2007, 2006, or 2005 Rabbit which has 150bhp stock

in that case.........yes i'd be making "Big Claims"

you cant even post a damn race on this forum without starting shit cant all vdub owners just get along???

haha thats to funny, I beat a 08 rabbit last night with intake and exhaust vs my intake and i put roughly 2 cars on him. Drivers race for the win, :) I know rabbit's aren't the fastest, but whatever happen to tunning a car for the love of tunning. I'll call it a day when my rabbit gets 170whp N/A. and 190ft/lbs realistically that may be achievable. And what is it with people only wanting to race what they know they can already beat, I ran my buddies 2.0t Gli for the fun of it. Just to see where the differences in the power bands are. Case in point have fun with what you got, and great kill ! I have a dyno sheet ill reactivate my link when i get home :)

Drone

Watching U
Car(s)
2006 VW Rabbit
Is it me, or do Rabbit owners have the biggest chips on their shoulders?? I've seen some of the most outrageous claims coming from Rabbit owners. 210WHP from a few mods. You'd need at least 45 extra HP to hit that. Not happening on a lightly modded N/A car that only serves up 170HP stock. I wonder if it's because Rabbit owners are probably younger guys that feel they need to prove something?

And don't think I'm hating on Rabbits. They are good cars. They just aren't race cars. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

agreed; however I'm 24 and put my self through collage, sacrifices have to be made somewhere, shes not the fastest but like i said id be happy if i could keep up with a stock 1.8t or vr6 thats my realistic goal, Keep up with not beat! lol Enjoy yourselves

lancGTI

www.oli.org
Car(s)
2006 GTI
haha thats to funny, I beat a 08 rabbit last night with intake and exhaust vs my intake and i put roughly 2 cars on him. Drivers race for the win, :) I know rabbit's aren't the fastest, but whatever happen to tunning a car for the love of tunning. I'll call it a day when my rabbit gets 170whp N/A. and 190ft/lbs realistically that may be achievable. And what is it with people only wanting to race what they know they can already beat, I ran my buddies 2.0t Gli for the fun of it. Just to see where the differences in the power bands are. Case in point have fun with what you got, and great kill ! I have a dyno sheet ill reactivate my link when i get home :)

I've got no problem with tuning cars, any kind of car. People give me weird looks when I tell them about the online community for my DD [which I enabled a primitive launch control on via SCT]. A driver's race between like cars will always go to the better driver. While the 08 Rabbit may have more HP, some people don't think about how building momentum early, and keeping it, is what can win a race.

Drone

Watching U
Car(s)
2006 VW Rabbit
I've got no problem with tuning cars, any kind of car. People give me weird looks when I tell them about the online community for my DD [which I enabled a primitive launch control on via SCT]. A driver's race between like cars will always go to the better driver. While the 08 Rabbit may have more HP, some people don't think about how building momentum early, and keeping it, is what can win a race.
:thumbup:

theholycow

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1980 Buick LeSabre
agreed; however I'm 24 and put my self through collage, sacrifices have to be made somewhere, shes not the fastest but like i said id be happy if i could keep up with a stock 1.8t or vr6 thats my realistic goal, Keep up with not beat! lol Enjoy yourselves

Didn't pass "collage", did you?

mkc7

Passed Driver's Ed
There are some, but there are also a lot of cocky-ass GTI owners that think they have the fastest car ever made. Both are equally annoying.

I'm going to assume this was a shot taken at me. If i'm wrong, then my bad. I do not by any circumstances think i have the fastest car ever made. What i do know is that there is a total of 1 MKV rabbit in the united states that can beat my GTI, it has a GT35R on it and the guy lives in NJ.

The guy who originally posted claiming to have 210 hp in his rabbit is either really young and doesn't understand that minor mods don't add up like that, or is smoking lots of meth. I was simply trying to explain to him how much power he is REALLY making, but he took it the wrong way, so i don't really give a shit. He'll get a reality check when he pulls up to a GTI with a decent driver in it and gets blown away.

iiktownii

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'07 Uni Black Rabbit
I drive a rabbit, I know what I can beat and what I cannot, but do I race everything and anything? YES. Because I like to have a good time. I dynoed my car, with NST's pulley and I laid out 144. which SUCKS, but can I butt rape a Scion tC? I sure can. I'm going to install a VF intake next week, do I hope to push 20 more horses and butt rape a GTI? NO. but fuck yeah ill try to lol, my point is were all dubbers, we love these fine German vehicles and that is why we drive em. I just wish we could get some more respect around here.

mkc7

Passed Driver's Ed
I drive a rabbit, I know what I can beat and what I cannot, but do I race everything and anything? YES. Because I like to have a good time. I dynoed my car, with NST's pulley and I laid out 144. which SUCKS, but can I butt rape a Scion tC? I sure can. I'm going to install a VF intake next week, do I hope to push 20 more horses and butt rape a GTI? NO. but fuck yeah ill try to lol, my point is were all dubbers, we love these fine German vehicles and that is why we drive em. I just wish we could get some more respect around here.

I hear ya bro.... In all honesty i really do respect rabbits, i think they are awesome cars, and i also respect your outlook on having reasonable expectations from your mods. What i do not respect is people claiming ridiculous gains and HP figures from minimal mods.....

Drone

Watching U
Car(s)
2006 VW Rabbit
:thumbup:

iiktownii

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'07 Uni Black Rabbit
I hear ya bro.... In all honesty i really do respect rabbits, i think they are awesome cars, and i also respect your outlook on having reasonable expectations from your mods. What i do not respect is people claiming ridiculous gains and HP figures from minimal mods.....

lol yeah I know what you mean, he thinks, but we know huh? lol maybe he is, maybe he isn't. we wont know until he gives us a dyno, which this guy really needs to do! 'cause if he's pushing 210, I want to also!