GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2008 Rabbit w/ Carbonio intake and Underdrive pulleys vs. 240sx

lancGTI

www.oli.org
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Guy: Who cares? It's a $15,000 compact economy car. Take the damned car for what it is will you? It's certainly one of the quickest cars in it's class and price range. It also offers loads more standard features and is safer.

No shit? You make valid points. My DD was $15K new and I take it for what it is, a bottom of the barrel coupe. The Rabbit is of a similar fashion, though the quality is much better than what Ford had 7 years ago. It is quick in it's class, who disputed that? I didn't. I said that 15's aren't fast [meaning overall], not about the Rabbit's economy segment class.

Also i said 210 Bhp not Whp The GTi starts with 200Bhp so im estimating that i would be about as fast

And whats all this about Big Claims?

Why wouldnt a 2008 rabbit (170hp stock) with intake, pulleys, and chip be able to get 210 bhp????

thats probably an underestimate!

You all may be thinking that i have an 2007, 2006, or 2005 Rabbit which has 150bhp stock

in that case.........yes i'd be making "Big Claims"

you cant even post a damn race on this forum without starting shit cant all vdub owners just get along???

Get along? Pfft, please. :lol: All I'm saying is I'd like to see some dyno sheets to see how close to that figure you get. I know the difference between BHP and WHP.

theholycow

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1980 Buick LeSabre
lancGTI;811751If the rabbit had the speed the GTI does said:
as the my GTI does

28mpg here.

mkc7

Passed Driver's Ed
Sorry to burst your bubble, but i'm going to anyway.... First of all, with your intake, pulleys, and chip, you will not be able to beat a STOCK GTI with a good driver. If your friend has apr stage 1 in his GTI and you beat him he either is the worst driver ever, or has the biggest boost leak on the planet.

Secondly, with an intake, chip, and pulleys you will not get anywhere close to 210 horsepower at the crank, let alone at the wheels. I'm going to assume you know the difference, so i will tell you this. On our cars, you can assume to lose 13% between the BHP number and the WHP number. If you have a chip, intake, and pulleys on a 170 HP rabbit you are probably putting out around 185 HP at the crank. If you lose 13 percent of that going to the wheels, you will be making roughly 161 WHP, which isn't terrible. You have to keep in mind that GTI's dyno STOCK anywhere from 185-195 WHP depending on what dyno and what car. Now 20-30 WHP more might not sound like a lot, but also remember GTI's are going to make a lot more torque a lot faster then your rabbit.

I have no problem believing that you beat a stock 240, sounds very do-able to me if you can drive, but don't run around making claims that you can take down GTI's, because that won't happen. Also, just because a company tells you that if you put a turbonator vortex peice if shit in you intake your gonna gain 15 HP, it doesn't make it true. You can never believe what a company tells you a mod will increase your HP by unless there are legit dyno charts to back it up, and i would be willing to bet my car on the fact you are absolutely nowhere near 210 HP. I would go as far to say that with intake, catback exhaust, chip, and pulley, you won't even break 200 HP at the crank, thats just the way the mod game works buddy, sorry.

Also i said 210 Bhp not Whp The GTi starts with 200Bhp so im estimating that i would be about as fast

And whats all this about Big Claims?

Why wouldnt a 2008 rabbit (170hp stock) with intake, pulleys, and chip be able to get 210 bhp????

thats probably an underestimate!

You all may be thinking that i have an 2007, 2006, or 2005 Rabbit which has 150bhp stock

in that case.........yes i'd be making "Big Claims"

you cant even post a damn race on this forum without starting shit cant all vdub owners just get along???

SilverA4quattro

Passed Driver's Ed
No shit? You make valid points. My DD was $15K new and I take it for what it is, a bottom of the barrel coupe. The Rabbit is of a similar fashion, though the quality is much better than what Ford had 7 years ago. It is quick in it's class, who disputed that? I didn't. I said that 15's aren't fast [meaning overall], not about the Rabbit's economy segment class.

Gotcha. In the grand scheme, 15's are average anymore. Relative to the class, the Rabbit is pretty damned quick.

This is not directed at you: I've noticed in this section of the forums that nearly anytime anyone posts a Rabbit vs, people jump on and say "no F'n way" "Rabbits are slow" etc.

But if it's a GTI, everyone buys it. Even the GTI vs Z06 or other crap like that.

lancGTI

www.oli.org
Car(s)
2006 GTI
This is exactly how i feel. I'd trade mine for a GTi in a heartbeat but im 17 and paying off this car myself. Can't afford it. I'm waiting for my exhaust to dyno cuz its expensive. I've beaten my friend in an 05' GTi with an APR chip with just my pulleys and intake and were about even on the driving level. I'm estimating here thats why i said ABOUT as fast. and i'm talking stock not with all the Revo chips you guys have.

I like racing and its fun i don't do it for bragging rights i do it for the surprise because people don't think rabbits are fast and when they get a decent run for there money they don't talk as much shit

I hope you're not basing your GTI beatings on this one MKIV.

Car(s)
2008 GTI 6MT
i think it will be the same with the cooper S vs. GTI, i dont know which one is faster but damn the cooper S sounds mean from inside. one of my friends in my school has one of these and he took me for a ride, when flooring it the supercharger was pure sex, it sounded like one of those ford lightning trucks, simply amazing:drool:

lancGTI

www.oli.org
Car(s)
2006 GTI
i think it will be the same with the cooper S vs. GTI, i dont know which one is faster but damn the cooper S sounds mean from inside. one of my friends in my school has one of these and he took me for a ride, when flooring it the supercharger was pure sex, it sounded like one of those ford lightning trucks, simply amazing:drool:

Wrong thread! :yikes:

Car(s)
2008 GTI 6MT
Wrong thread! :yikes:

i was just comparing a cooper vs. a Rabbit is basically the same as a GTI vs. a Cooper S, but i think the cooper S is faster since is Supercharged, i could be wrong though

theholycow

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1980 Buick LeSabre
By that theory, an A4 2.0T and an A4 3.2 are not the same car.

You make a good point. I got to thinking about my GM full size truck, and how a GMC Sierra and Chevrolet Silverado are the same model. I even consider them the same model when you're talking about a v6 5MT regular cab short bed 2wd with a cloth bench seat vs. a v8 auto 4wd crew cab long bed with leather buckets, locking diffs, different axles, much bigger tires, and totally different suspension. What do they share? Just a hood, fenders, and bumpers. For that matter, in many contexts I consider the Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban SUVs the same as the pickups too.

However, then I realized that my Rabbit is the same, as you say, as a GTI, but also the same as a Jetta (sedan or wagon), and I'm pretty sure that I've read here that the Passat is also on the same platform. At that point, I realized that I drive a Passat GTI Wagon that's just a bit shorter and has a different drivetrain and suspension. I guess we might as well make use of the manufacturer's model differentiations...

LeesburgMKV

gold n' black
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
Sorry to burst your bubble, but i'm going to anyway.... First of all, with your intake, pulleys, and chip, you will not be able to beat a STOCK GTI with a good driver. If your friend has apr stage 1 in his GTI and you beat him he either is the worst driver ever, or has the biggest boost leak on the planet.

Secondly, with an intake, chip, and pulleys you will not get anywhere close to 210 horsepower at the crank, let alone at the wheels. I'm going to assume you know the difference, so i will tell you this. On our cars, you can assume to lose 13% between the BHP number and the WHP number. If you have a chip, intake, and pulleys on a 170 HP rabbit you are probably putting out around 185 HP at the crank. If you lose 13 percent of that going to the wheels, you will be making roughly 161 WHP, which isn't terrible. You have to keep in mind that GTI's dyno STOCK anywhere from 185-195 WHP depending on what dyno and what car. Now 20-30 WHP more might not sound like a lot, but also remember GTI's are going to make a lot more torque a lot faster then your rabbit.

I have no problem believing that you beat a stock 240, sounds very do-able to me if you can drive, but don't run around making claims that you can take down GTI's, because that won't happen. Also, just because a company tells you that if you put a turbonator vortex peice if shit in you intake your gonna gain 15 HP, it doesn't make it true. You can never believe what a company tells you a mod will increase your HP by unless there are legit dyno charts to back it up, and i would be willing to bet my car on the fact you are absolutely nowhere near 210 HP. I would go as far to say that with intake, catback exhaust, chip, and pulley, you won't even break 200 HP at the crank, thats just the way the mod game works buddy, sorry.

Im not basing this off of BS companies if you trust APR (my intake company) or revo the chip companies that GTi owners love so damn much who HAVE dyno'd there Intakes and chips then thats your problem. I'm estimating i got 8bhp from my intake 10bhp from my pulleys and i'll get at least 15bhp from the chip. If you do some simple math it's not too hard to figure out. And those are all the Least possible amount that you can get so i'm underestimating.

LeesburgMKV

gold n' black
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
Also i don't put vortex piece of shit companies i go through NGPRacing and if you check out there site they do back with dynos and they are legit and they have plenty of experiance. They know plenty about there cars and i'm not putting shitty, BS, Ebay parts in my car thank you very much.

mkc7

Passed Driver's Ed
Im not basing this off of BS companies if you trust APR (my intake company) or revo the chip companies that GTi owners love so damn much who HAVE dyno'd there Intakes and chips then thats your problem. I'm estimating i got 8bhp from my intake 10bhp from my pulleys and i'll get at least 15bhp from the chip. If you do some simple math it's not too hard to figure out. And those are all the Least possible amount that you can get so i'm underestimating.

Companys will tell you what you want to hear so you will buy there products. You can think your mods will give you 500 extra HP, but that doesn't make it true. You think you are underestimating your mods, but in reality you are SEVERLY overestimating how much power they are giving you. You might get 5 HP from the intake, 2 HP from the pulley, and 8 HP from your chip. So since you are so good at simple math i'm sure you can figure out 170+5+2+8= 185.

I'll tell you what, if your so convinced that you can take a GTI i'll put my car in stock mode and we can run. After i hand you your ass by a few cars i'll put it into STG2 and hand you a few bus lengths. The difference between me and the guy driving the GTI you raced is i can actually drive.

Try racing a GTI with a good driver in the car and you'll be seeing tail lights far far ahead.

LeesburgMKV

gold n' black
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
you are cocky aren't you?? I really do hate cocky GTi owners and that seems to be all that this site is

mkc7

Passed Driver's Ed
you are cocky aren't you?? I really do hate cocky GTi owners and that seems to be all that this site is

No.....I'm not cocky at all.....I'm clearly stating the facts and your not quite understanding them. I used to think the same way you did in the sense that little mods would give me serious power. However, i listened to what other people(who knew more then me) had to say, and looked at the facts. What it comes down to is that minor mods like you have down are not going to get you anywhere close to the power figures you are claiming. If you cannot accept this now, one day when you have learned a little more you will.

The other point i was trying to make is that when racing, the driver has as much to do with the outcome as the power of the car you are driving. What i was saying was that if you beat a GTI with an APR flash, then that particular person cannot drive. Now if you took that same car and let someone who knows how to handle a car drive it, they are gonna walk on you like its there job. Put the same driver in two different cars...which one do you think will win? The car with 185 HP or the car with roughly 240HP? Considering both cars weigh the same obviously the car with 240 HP will win. Now if you put a garbage driver in the 240 HP car and the person driving the 185 HP car can drive, then the outcome might be different, and the 185 HP car might stand a chance.

One thing you have to understand is that there is a difference between being cocky and knowing what you are talking about. If i said to you...."OMG my 2.slow auto MK4 jetta with straight pipes could walk your rabbit all day" then yea, maybe you could call me cocky. But when i tried in a reasonable manner to present you with the cold hard facts, and you came back saying you don't know what your talking about, i'm underestimating my power at 210 HP....well at that point you need a reality check, which i offered to give you.

Go dyno your car with the mods you have listed and then come back and tell me i'm wrong. I guarantee you that if you go there expecting to put out 210 hp at the crank, your going to leave severly dissapointed. However if you go in with reasonable expectations you might not be so surprised when you dyno around 165-170 WHP.