GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2008 Rabbit w/ Carbonio intake and Underdrive pulleys vs. 240sx

lancGTI

www.oli.org
Car(s)
2006 GTI
It certainly sounds like a different car to me. Are the engine and transmission merely improved versions of the same, or entirely different? The GTI and Golf/Rabbit do not share engine blocks, and have entirely different types of transmissions (5mt vs. 6mt or auto vs. DSG).

The SVTF shares similarities with all other [american market] Zetec engines, but there are differences. The head uses VCT on the intake cam for power, not on the exhaust cam like the ZX2s/Contours [not all Contours had the VCT Zetec], which was used in place of an EGR by controlling valve overlap. The SVTF Zetec also had hotter cams, raised compression ratio [10.6:1 vs 9.6:1] by means of higher compression pistons and a smaller combustion chamber [55cc for the SVTF, 58cc for the regular Zetec iirc], a tuned 4-1 header from the factory, and a Dual Runner Intake Manifold. Where the regular Focus Zetec was rated at 130hp/135trq [130hp/127trq for the VCT version], the SVTF was rated at 170hp/145trq. While SVT did a decent amount of reworking, it is a variant of the US Spec Zetec engine. The VCT version in the ZX2 also had slightly better flowing cams than the non-VCT Focus Zetec.

As for the rest of the drivetrain, the SVTF had a dual mass flywheel [to reduce some of the engine's vibrations]. It also used a Getrag 6 speed manual transmission with dual final drive ratios [4.25:1 & 2.88:1 iirc], whereas the regular Focus had the 5 speed MTX-75 transmission with a single final drive ratio [usually 3.74:1]. The SVTF also had bigger brakes and SVT 17" wheels, but the bolt pattern is the same as regular Focii, 4x108. The regular Focus also had an available 4 speed automatic trans, but that wasn't available on the SVTF. The suspension was tighter and lowered a bit as well.

iiktownii

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'07 Uni Black Rabbit
guy, when did i ever say your name?
i don't think i did and i was not talking to anyone directly.
i was talking to whoever had something to say against us rabbit guys for being "so slow."

and i also stated that the guy should attach dynos to back up his 210 whp claim.

SilverA4quattro

Passed Driver's Ed
It certainly sounds like a different car to me. Are the engine and transmission merely improved versions of the same, or entirely different? The GTI and Golf/Rabbit do not share engine blocks, and have entirely different types of transmissions (5mt vs. 6mt or auto vs. DSG).

By that theory, an A4 2.0T and an A4 3.2 are not the same car.

lancGTI

www.oli.org
Car(s)
2006 GTI
i was talking to whoever had something to say against us rabbit guys for being "so slow."

and i also stated that the guy should attach dynos to back up his 210 whp claim.

Let's look...

just cause some you nikkas drive GTIs and obviously have more money then us dudes who go for the rabbit, doesnt mean you gotta bash us 'cause we like racing just like you guys.

While you didn't exactly point me out, that was a fairly open 'to anyone who drives a GTI' statement. You were pointing at GTI owners; I happen to be one. No problems though. :w00t:

While Rabbit's aren't slow and I don't mean this in a derogitory way, 15 second 1/4 miles aren't fast anymore. My DD runs a mid 15, and it isn't fast [or even quick] in anybody's book. I could see the uprated 170hp 2.5L Rabbit with I/H/E/reflash & a bare trunk [maybe higher grip tires on 15" wheels as well] running a high 14.

Like I said, nothing against the Rabbit, but I could see one with those mods running that time. Trust me, I'd love to be proven wrong & see one run a 14 second 1/4 with less.

SilverA4quattro

Passed Driver's Ed
Sorry, but a Golf and Golf GTI (or a Rabbit or a GTI) are just different trim levels.

People make them out to seem like they are completely and totally different cars when they are not. Is the GTI "better" than a Rabbit? It certainly performs better, stock for stock as that's what it was designed to do. I think some MKV GTI owners have developed this complex where they think they drive some Uber-car, that is better than everything (even better than the car off which it's based). All too often I've seen GTI owners even picking on R32 owners too.

Bottom line is folks, we all drive Volkswagen Golfs, in one form or another. Some are faster, some have more standard features, some look better. At the end of that drive, we're all holding the same key fob right?

SilverA4quattro

Passed Driver's Ed
While Rabbit's aren't slow and I don't mean this in a derogitory way, 15 second 1/4 miles aren't fast anymore.

Guy: Who cares? It's a $15,000 compact economy car. Take the damned car for what it is will you? It's certainly one of the quickest cars in it's class and price range. It also offers loads more standard features and is safer.

Let me go browse some Honda forums and see how many Civic Si owners are knocking down Fit owners. I bet I won't find any.

Car(s)
2008 GTI 6MT
a turbo rabbit does the 1/4 mile in 13.2 sec. and thats after its 300 something WHP, a little bit slower than a stage III GTI

LeesburgMKV

gold n' black
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
just cause some you nikkas drive GTIs and obviously have more money then us dudes who go for the rabbit, doesnt mean you gotta bash us 'cause we like racing just like you guys. the rabbit is not bad for a n/a car. if the world was full of non vtech civics, non supercharged tc's and fuckin focuses and shit. we'd be on top. i love the GTI i'd let my rabbit go right now if i could get my hands on that beauty. but fuck it, i live with what i have and for fun ill race anybody anywhere and thats exactly what i do. you guys are quick. but some of you act like your some fuckin street gods. be real.

good kill man, 210 at the wheel? before you "type" your numbers you should attach some dyno pics too lol, save yourself the trouble.

This is exactly how i feel. I'd trade mine for a GTi in a heartbeat but im 17 and paying off this car myself. Can't afford it. I'm waiting for my exhaust to dyno cuz its expensive. I've beaten my friend in an 05' GTi with an APR chip with just my pulleys and intake and were about even on the driving level. I'm estimating here thats why i said ABOUT as fast. and i'm talking stock not with all the Revo chips you guys have.

I like racing and its fun i don't do it for bragging rights i do it for the surprise because people don't think rabbits are fast and when they get a decent run for there money they don't talk as much shit

LeesburgMKV

gold n' black
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI

Also i said 210 Bhp not Whp The GTi starts with 200Bhp so im estimating that i would be about as fast

And whats all this about Big Claims?

Why wouldnt a 2008 rabbit (170hp stock) with intake, pulleys, and chip be able to get 210 bhp????

thats probably an underestimate!

You all may be thinking that i have an 2007, 2006, or 2005 Rabbit which has 150bhp stock

in that case.........yes i'd be making "Big Claims"

you cant even post a damn race on this forum without starting shit cant all vdub owners just get along???

Last edited:

ReflexMkV

mmmm Horse Pop
Who cares what anyone else says. You like your car that's all that matters. Have fun modding, I know I do. I modify everything I own just about...lol...it is a sickness.

Edrock

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 GTI
Guy: Who cares? It's a $15,000 compact economy car. Take the damned car for what it is will you? It's certainly one of the quickest cars in it's class and price range. It also offers loads more standard features and is safer.

Let me go browse some Honda forums and see how many Civic Si owners are knocking down Fit owners. I bet I won't find any.

:laughabove:
hahahaa

but then again i dont think u would find too many fit owners tryin to race civic si's....well i hope not

Understeer'd

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'07 VW Golf (BPY)
Especially if your car is new you need to take off the pulleys. Even if they did give you power, just like you're not able to afford insurance on an R32 you're not going to be able to afford to replaces your entire drivetrain at 40k if it fails as a result of pulleys and they tare up your warranty.

Everyone should just shut up and get along, every one of us can watch a commercial people buy cars with different things in mind.

LeesburgMKV

gold n' black
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
Especially if your car is new you need to take off the pulleys. Even if they did give you power, just like you're not able to afford insurance on an R32 you're not going to be able to afford to replaces your entire drivetrain at 40k if it fails as a result of pulleys and they tare up your warranty.

Everyone should just shut up and get along, every one of us can watch a commercial people buy cars with different things in mind.

After i get my exhaust ill consider it, for now i really want the extra power. It really is a huge difference.

LeesburgMKV

gold n' black
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
Who cares what anyone else says. You like your car that's all that matters. Have fun modding, I know I do. I modify everything I own just about...lol...it is a sickness.

It really is once you start "maybe just an intake.....ok maybe now ill just get exhaust" you just can't stop.

It's one of the most fun things i've ever done in my life, I really do love vdubs