GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Luckydawg75

APR DSG trans upgrade.

I am currently running APR stage 2 tune, and thinking about getting the DSG tune for the DSG transmission. Was wanting to know what to expect with the upgrade and how it drives after the upgrade. This will likely be the last upgrade I make to my GTI, with the cost of stage 3 and the changes...
  2. Luckydawg75

Head light issue, any help!!

Had the dealer remove the drl, so I could save the bulbs. Currently have a headlight out. So while looking for the replacement bulb, I find out that my GTI has the most expressive bulb I ever bought. Now my question is, I am noticing that my high beams are working through these headlights. My...
  3. Luckydawg75

High beams independent or with main head lights.

Had the dealer remove the drl, so I could save the bulbs. Currently have a headlight out. So while looking for the replacement bulb, I find out that my GTI has the most expressive bulb I ever bought. Now my question is, I am noticing that my high beams are working through these headlights. My...
  4. Luckydawg75

APR stage 2...what are the pitfalls??

Just got stage 2 APR, and the garage man told me that I should really consider getting the DSG upgrade. Mind you this car is not bound for the track nor nightly street racing. My intention was to get the car up to good amount of HP to make it fun to drive, and yes sit some punk down every now...
  5. Luckydawg75

FMIC pros and cons

Currently have APR Stage 1 with a FMIC. I am not really noticing anything that would be considered a add in power or even a benefit with having one. I am noticing a drop in boost on the low end. I still get my 15 -18 lbs of boost and no leaks, it just seems to take a hell of a lot longer to...
  6. Luckydawg75

Boost Tap---NewSouth PVC hose or APR PVC Which is better.

https://store.goapr.com/products/Boost-Tap-%252d-MK5%7B47%7D6-2.0T-%28Partial-Kit%29.html http://www.newsouthperformance.com/images/fitting/con026.jpg
  7. Luckydawg75

Vacuum pressure what is a good range.

Okay took the car in for a replacement on the water pump, get it back and only pulling 6-8 pounds of boost from 4th to 6th gear. Tightened up some clamps that the techs I guess forgot or didn’t think needed to be tighter then what they were, seemed to correct some of the issue. Now I am getting...
  8. Luckydawg75

Intake manifold failure and boost leak.

Got the check engine light, pulled into the dealership, and bam bad intake. No biggie under warranty, but now I can't get anything over five pounds of boost. Now the dealership didn't clear the codes since they are going to replace on Tuesday of this next week. So the question I guess I am...
  9. Luckydawg75

Horsepower with addons?

Ok I have a stock GTI MKV (09) TSI, I have installed exhaust dump, front mount inter-cooler, cold air intake. I do not have any performance tunes on the ECU, hence it is stock, so what have I actually increased the horsepower to if any?
  10. Luckydawg75

Electric exhaust dump.

I installed an Electric exhaust dump, so far pretty neat. Just hit a button on the wireless remote and instant flow and low rumble, then just hit another button and it closes and you hear the stock sounds. Now my big concern is wiring directly into the front 12V power, but not sure which color...