GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Intake manifold failure and boost leak.

Luckydawg75

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2009 GTI
Got the check engine light, pulled into the dealership, and bam bad intake. No biggie under warranty, but now I can't get anything over five pounds of boost. Now the dealership didn't clear the codes since they are going to replace on Tuesday of this next week. So the question I guess I am asking is does the fault code cause the d.v. To always remain open since the ECU is seeing the error with the intake, or do I have a bad d.v. also. I am running a d.v spacer so I hear the pssss sound while in throttle when I didn't hear anything as before.

Luckydawg75

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2009 GTI
They said it was the position sensor flap, but I know that you can't replace anything on the intake. At least that is what the dealership told me. I researched a little thought it was that arm but it wasn't popped out. So now I am thinking the DV went out or since the error isn't cleared it is causing the D.V. To work a little overtime till the intake gets repaired and error code cleared.

golfballer78

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08' R32 dsg
cant you just do the runner flap delete mod and be done with it? ecs or somebody sells kits.
my old GLI was at least stg 2 and never had that problem.

Luckydawg75

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2009 GTI
Never heard of that, what does that involve?,,,, Never mind mine is a TSI not a FSI no kit for a TSI.

Last edited:

Luckydawg75

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2009 GTI
But does the error code cause a boost leak, since the manifold is still showing an a code.

Luckydawg75

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2009 GTI
boost leak found!!!!

It turns out, that once I installed the FMIC, I forgot to clip the turbo out to inter cooler, and the inter cooler out to intake. In which case both pipes popped off causing a massive leak!!!! So after the dealer finished replacing the intake manifold, they so graciously for 90$ in labor hook the two pipes back up, and now pushing 10lbs of stock boost. The good part was talking to the parts guy who has APR stage 2 on his GTI, and with the mods on my car I am now going to be getting stage one for sure!!!!

golfballer78

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08' R32 dsg
Oh, well yes, always good to check for f¥ck ups before bringing it to a dealer for mad labor costs. Glad it was figured out, a trick we did in my Evo days was get a rubber plumbing pipe cap from Home Depot, put a hole in it for a tire valve stem, then pump air into turbo inlet and listen for boost leak. Totally worked

juragan

Passed Driver's Ed
has been bookmark, this seems like a very interesting thread