GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. SpecialFX

Anything special for chaning HID bulbs?

I bought new bulbs to replaces the stock ones in my HIDs and just want to make sure there is nothing special I need to know when changing them. This is my first HID car and I seems to remember people complaining that they are pretty difficult. Is it just like changing any other light bulb??
  2. SpecialFX

Bulb out indicator after vag com

Last night I used vag com to change my cluster to European and enabled the turn signals, which gives me the parking lights on one side only for on street parking. This feature works great, but now I have a bulb out warning and the MFD says Left side turn signal not working and Right side turn...
  3. SpecialFX

Help P2404 Evap System Leak!

I threw a CEL on the highway today and according to Autozones scanner it's a p2404 evap system leak detect pump sens circuit range/perf Anyone have any idea what this is? It's going to the dealer, but I want to know what to expect. I don't think it'd mod related, but I am Revo flashed, have...
  4. SpecialFX

FS: 1973 Cadillac Coupe Deville

I need $3000 out of it to break even, but I will consider all offers. Buyer is responsible for pickup or shipping, though if you arrange a carrier, I will be there to send it off for you. As much as I love this car, I found a 78 Lincoln MarkV that I like better, but I need to sell the Caddy...
  5. SpecialFX

WTB: Turn signal lens, driver's side mirror

Some farking trucker threw something out his window and it hit my mirror and busted the lens!:mad: Anyone have one to sell? Maybe someone who has put the smoked ones one? If so, please give me a price shipped to 47586. Thanks!
  6. SpecialFX

Mod friendly dealer in Louisville, KY?

Would love to find a mod friendly dealer and there are none in my town. Been going to Evansville, IN, but Louisville is not much further. As far ass that goes, are their any good tuner shops in Louisville for our MKVs? Thanks in advance pics for clicks (sorry she is in the background)
  7. SpecialFX

Rattle in rear hatch?

I have a rattle in my rear hatch from my subs that sounds (the best I can tell) to be coming from inside the hatch door. Anyone else have this issue or have any ideas of how to eliminate this? It keeps getting worse and worse. Not surprisingly, it seems to be coming from right in front of the...
  8. SpecialFX

Hatch cover cutout(s)?

I had my hatch cover off for a while because I was moving and had stuff loaded up. I noticed that I have a significantly higher amount of bass without it (and the cool side effect of feeling a woosh of air when it hits hard). I don't want to completely remove it and thus advertise to anyone...
  9. SpecialFX

Switches that fit the OEM blanks above the shift knob

I am in the process of talking to the owner of Oznium.com about production of switches that fit the OEM blanks above the shifter. I just wanted to get a feel of how much interest there would be for this. Also, what kind of switches would you want? Lighted, unlighted, toggle, 3 position...
  10. SpecialFX

Anyone modded the rear hatch light?

MODS: I wasn't sure if this was the best subforum for this topic. Please move if another one is more appropriate. I got groceries tonight and realized that my sub box blocks 90% of the light from the hatch light. I can't move the box to the other side because it is ported on the left. Has...
  11. SpecialFX

Price to replace bump strip on a 2-door?

A co-worker today lost a hold of his door due to wind and it gouged a good sized chunk of paint on the bump strip on teh massenger side. I can't seem to get a hold of a dealer to see how much is to buy one painted and installed. My car is a two-door. Any ideas? The one guy I caught that said...
  12. SpecialFX

Subs causing rattle around the windshiled wipers...

Anyone elses bass causing a rattle in teh vicinity of the windshiled wipers? the hatch is completely rattle free, but I have this annoying one. There are no rattles inside (unless I have sunglasses in teh glasses holder), but the exterior rattle is killing me! I thought the outside rattle was...
  13. SpecialFX

Alloy Wheels?

Yeah, I got impatient and tried to scoot between a car and teh curb to turn right on red and I scuffed my alloy wheels. It's not too bad. Just a scuff right on the lip for a good 6". Is there anything I can do to this to repair it? Will it get worse if I do nothing? I looked all over...
  14. SpecialFX

Opinions on color scheme

I have a tornado red GTI and think a red/black color scheme woudl look awsome. I already have the windows tinted somewhat dark. Do you think it would look good with black eyelids, the plastic body panels painted black, black sidemarkers and either the darker adtermarket tail lights or stock...
  15. SpecialFX

Which do you recommend?

Both of these sounded pretty good in the store. The Kickers sounded better, but I think a lot of that had do to with running the same amp in their display, but being in a ported box and not a sealed box. The overall price is nearly the same, but I will list prices in case you have better...
  16. SpecialFX

Obligatory pics of my GTI

It's not clean at all and I know it. I should have waited for pics until I washed it. I wasn't going to wash it today though because I just now got home and it's pouring already. Anyway, here she is. And something funny I see around here a lot. Just happened to still have...