GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bulb out indicator after vag com

SpecialFX

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
Last night I used vag com to change my cluster to European and enabled the turn signals, which gives me the parking lights on one side only for on street parking. This feature works great, but now I have a bulb out warning and the MFD says Left side turn signal not working and Right side turn signal not working. When my turn signals are on the tail lights, lights on the side mirrors, and front turns (by the city lights) all flash properly, but the side turn signals on the bumper do not flash.

Did I do something wrong with the vag com work? I wonder if I misunderstood about selecting that I have side turn signals. Maybe that isn't for the feature I wanted (though the feature DOES work properly for me).

I couldn't find the answer in any of the vag com guides. Any help is appreciated!

SpecialFX

I never paid any attention. So my turns are functioning normally, but I am getting an bulb out indicator that they are not working

SpecialFX

Here is the fault code, same for other side:

01834 - Bulb for Side-Blinkers; Left (M18)
012 - Electrical Fault in Circuit
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01101100
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 180
Mileage: 38736 km
Time Indication: 0

Freeze Frame:
ON
Voltage: 14.05 V
ON
ON
OFF
OFF
ON

SpecialFX

Just a little more info, it does it when teh country code is set to UK and even back to USA

bennylenny88

bora bora dude
Car(s)
Golf mk5 GTTDI 2.0
hmm well uk spec golfs dont actually have the turn signal in the bumper

SpecialFX

The bulb out warning is present if the side markers installed is check AND if it is not checked, so I do not think that is the problem. I am going to try back to factory settings tonight and see if that helps

Last edited:

SpecialFX

I went back to how it was before I started and I still have the turn signal warnings. I even looked and the cold diagnose for side turn signals is off, so even if there was a problem I don't think I should be getting the warnings.