GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. K

Car battery

Not sure where to ask this, I did a quick search and didn't find too good results. Anyway, it's been about 5 years now and I'll need a battery change. Where are you guys buying yours and how much? Walmart, Costco, etc don't have our batteries.
  2. K

Don't think my dealer is doing any work

I came in for the fuel line rattle, oil change, air bag fault, and speedometer tsb. Air bag was fixed (2nd time) and oil was changed. Before the speedo fix my car was about 10% off what my GPS was telling me. After the TSB, my car is like 8% off. Either that is my human eye error, OR they...
  3. K

New WRX

There was a Subaru event today at my mall and I decided to go check out the new Subaru's. It's a turbocharged 2.5 liter engine producing 224 hp and a lot of torque. My first impression sitting inside is that they really improved the quality of the looks (on the inside). There is decent leg room...
  4. K

Help me find this annoying rattle!

When I'm driving, no matter what the speed, I get an annoying rattle. I had my brother sit in the car and he helped pinpoint the rattle to the driver's side. I hear it every 5 seconds. It sounds like metal hitting each other. At first, I thought it was the rear seats where the latch attaches, so...
  5. K

Place to install short shifter? (So Cal)

Not very good with tools, I was wondering if you guys know a shop preferably in LA that'll do the install. I was planning on getting the B+M short shifter.
  6. K

FS: So Cal, BLUE GTI

Car is no more! My cousin is buying it from me. Sorry guys.
  7. K

crap!

Okay, A few months ago I sold my Integra to a Mexican family. I sent in the info to the DMV, but they didn't. Last week, one of the drivers ran a red light and pictures were taken. The ticket was sent to my house. How do I go about fixing this?
  8. K

Achtung! Mein GTI

okay okay... I told people I wouldn't show my GTI until my rims came. However, I'd be in college by the time it came... so here's my stuff. list of things done: Rieger lip kit (molded) Caribbean blue paint job painted top and red stripe black clear bra entire front area KW V1 coilovers...
  9. K

What are these called?

Circled in red
  10. K

Did anyone else get this letter?

I just got a letter saying, According to our records, your 2006 Volkswagen Golf GTI may be due for the following services: Next scheduled maintenance. The car is only 3 months old and I barely put 1000 miles on it, so I'm curious what this "maintenance" is. Anyone else get this letter?
  11. K

FS: 225/40/18ZR Yokohoma Parada Spec-2

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Yokohama&tireModel=Parada+Spec-2 On tirerack, they cost 125 each. 125 x 4 = 500, and that does not count shipping. These are ZR rated tires. For those who don't know, I went to wikipedia and found out that they are good for over 149 mph,240 km/h...
  12. K

Notchy 2nd gear? (manual)

I don't about you guys, but whenever I shift out of first and going in second, it always feels a bit notchier than the other gears. Sometimes feels like it's 'clicking' into gear. 5th and 6th gear are a little bit eyyy, but it's okay. I've grinded both 5th and 6th -___-"
  13. K

Changing user names?

How do we do this without starting a new account?
  14. K

Ever get confused?

Sometimes I'm driving and I look behind me and I see the headlights of a GTI. Then I slow down because I want to say hi or something.... then I realize it was just a GLI. I swear it has happened to me 3 to 4 times. There are so much more GLI's than GTI's. Where are we?! I barely see GTI's on the...
  15. K

OMG Flat!

I'm used to driving my father's big Toyota, and I got used to parallel parking with it. Today I tried to parallel park the GTI. Since it was my first time, I did it really slowly. I put in reverse gassed a little then put it in neutral and let momentum do the rest. I touched the curb and then...
  16. K

About the wheel/steering

Okay today when I parked, I left my steering wheel turned mostly to the side (I didn't want to reverse and straighten out in front of my house.) When I got out and looked at the front wheel I noticed that the wheels were so out at an angle that they looked as if the whole car was going to tip...
  17. K

Seen any on the road?

So far I have only seen one GTI other than mine and it belongs to my neighbor who bought it around same time I did. (no neither of us affected each other's decision to buy the GTI) I want to see more GTI's so I can bust out my VW sign! :biggrin:
  18. K

Panic

When you press the panic button on your key fob, what happens? In my dad's Toyota Avalon, the alarm goes off. However, in my GTI, all I see are the lights that flash.... no alarms. Is there something wrong with mine? Go check yours now!
  19. K

IPOD and LoJack Package questions.

When I went to the dealer today, I saw many of the GTI's having these two packages. First, I was wondering if I get the car without lojack, even though it is already installed. Second, why is the ipod package worth 600+ dollars? It even says, "IPOD not included." This package is worth more than...
  20. K

Pasadena VW?

Anyone go here? I want to find out about the experience and how it was to hassle a price at this place since I'm test driving it this weekend.