GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Notchy 2nd gear? (manual)

KaynE

FIA World Rally Car Champion
I don't about you guys, but whenever I shift out of first and going in second, it always feels a bit notchier than the other gears. Sometimes feels like it's 'clicking' into gear. 5th and 6th gear are a little bit eyyy, but it's okay. I've grinded both 5th and 6th -___-"

bennylenny88

bora bora dude
Car(s)
Golf mk5 GTTDI 2.0
yeah i get that too.. is it like you have to force it in?

vdub_nutz2K6Gti

Autocross Newbie
My 2nd is fine, it's my fourth that's notchy...anyone experiencing that problem too??:iono:

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
2nd is pretty notchy for me. 5th and 6th are the ones where I get nearly no feedback and it kinda just eases in.

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
Mine all feel the same. I don't have any nothy spots. However, a couple thousand miles ago I had a tricky time getting it into 6th gear like twice I think.

Dr. Woo

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 VW .:R32
Reverse is very notchy for me. Everything else is okay, except for sixth, which is a bit notchier.

Accel

Rally Car Champion
Third is my trouble spot, feels a bit vague when I'm shifting hard/fast. I'm probably going to order a SS kit in a month or so, hopefully that fixes it.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
So are you gonna live with it or see the dealer while you are still under warranty??

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
I don;t have any problems with my gear box

GTI lover all over again

Over fifty and lov'n it!
Car(s)
2007 GTI
I don't have any notchyness to my gearbox either, smooth as glass in all gears!:burnrubber:

and I drive nothing but stick

I would say have it looked at, but I think the dealership will choose not to do much because it is a MT.

The one thing I do with all my cars, is once I hit the first year, I always drain and flush the transmission fluid:thumbup:

walangij

D1 2010!
Sorry to bring up an old topic but my second gear is pretty notchy as well. This is my first MT car though and I thought it was just my incompetence at first, but now everything is silky smooth except 2nd. I have to really ease out the clutch to get it smooth and if I'm going fast, it's always notchy. Is this really a transmission problem or is it just me (which I think it is) and what should I do about it then?