GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. HereticByDefault

K04 Flutter Issue

I'm tirelessly searching for an answer to this question at this point. Every old thread about this derails into an argument between Arin@APR, Mike@Forge, and someone else that may or may not know what they're talking about. I'm having an issue with K04 flutter using a Neuspeed P-Flo intake, and...
  2. HereticByDefault

O2 Sensor Fault, came with throttle control, misfire, and cam timing fault

Got a small problem: Car is past due for emissions, can't pass due to CEL. I got these four codes when I started the car: P0036 - O2 Sensor B1 S2 (rear O2 sensor) P1531 - Cam timing adjustment P3078 - Throttle control (low idle when the car was warming up) P0304 - Cylinder 4 misfire This was a...
  3. HereticByDefault

Northern IL Driving Roads: Galena Territory

Anyone been to the Galena Territory? Jalopnik just posted about it yesterday. Some pretty cool looking scenery, and more importantly, twisties. http://oppositelock.jalopnik.com/the-best-driving-road-ever-in-illinois-1651802709 Maybe a small cruise is in order.
  4. HereticByDefault

Paul Walker Memorial Cruise

Theres a memorial cruise on Saturday from Schaumburg to downtown. Meet up is at 7 PM. Apparently expecting over 400 people to show up. Official info here: https://m.facebook.com/events/1394232097487877/?ref_dashboard_filter=calendar&refid=52&ref=bookmark Sent from my SGH-T989 using...
  5. HereticByDefault

My stupid headlight bulb

Won't come out of the stupid igniter, because my stupid self tried to replace the igniter without removing the bulb and locking ring, and everything came out together. SO, the tabs on the bulb that lock it into the igniter, and the tab openings are blocked by the locking ring. Can't see where...
  6. HereticByDefault

Crappy S2 vs Hawk-eye WRX

<CSB> Driving back home on the highway after having some delicious food and shakes at Susie's with some friends, and a hawk-eye WRX shows up on the highway and pulls up next to me. He downshifted next to me to get my attention, and I played along right away. He got over to the left lane and I...
  7. HereticByDefault

Got rear-ended today

Sitting at a light, and someone was waiting behind me and accelerated before our light was green. Went straight into me. Quick questions for anyone who has experience with this: I have an R32 rear bumper. Will this be replaced with another R32 rear bumper, or will I get OEM? If they try to...
  8. HereticByDefault

VAG-COM in Chicagoland

Just bought a Micro-CAN cable a few weeks ago. If anyone in Chicago or the burbs needs help logging or doing the typical VAG-COM tweaks, send me a PM! Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
  9. HereticByDefault

May 23rd, Chicago, IL

Went out to take some pictures at Lake Michigan at around 6 AM. Wanted to catch the sunrise, ended up catching the tide at 45 degrees. A few more here http://www.flickr.com/photos/74113338@N08/
  10. HereticByDefault

Hey OT, sometimes I'm not the perfect friend.

This isn't a cool story, so here. tl;dr: Have weekly plans with friends that strictly do not include women, this week plans got effed by me helping my girlfriend write paper, took longer than expected, friends are pissed beyond belief. Would you be THAT pissed? Now if you want any details: Me...
  11. HereticByDefault

WTB: Stock location upgraded FMIC

Looking for an APR, CTS, or other stock location intercooler. PM me if you're selling one! Thanks
  12. HereticByDefault

Rear caliper removal?

I can't figure out exactly how to remove my rear passenger caliper. Does anyone have experience doing this? Edit: I should clarify that I've already removed the pads and caliper carrier. I need to get the caliper completely off the car to replace it. Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
  13. HereticByDefault

Caliper Piston fell out

I was trying to finish up my front brakes, and...well, long story short I wasn't thinking and allowed my caliper piston to fall out of the caliper. Just asking for opinions on whether I should put it back in, or if I should buy a new caliper, or if theres another option I don't know of. There...
  14. HereticByDefault

In Need of Data Logs

Does anyone have any data logs of a preferably properly running car? I'm not looking for a graph, I'd like just a spreadsheet of general parameters that are usually logged such as boost, fuel pressure, injector duty, MAF reading (g/s), spark, BAT/IAT, RPM, etc. If possible, I'd like a log at...
  15. HereticByDefault

FS: OSIR CF wing - $150

SOLD I have a CF wing I bought used on here quite a while ago and never used it. I'm pretty sure it's the OSIR GT1, but I'm not positive. Edit: It is OSIR, confirmed by junker :thumbsup: There are some light scratches on it, nothing noticeable from 5 ft. away. Asking price is $150 +...
  16. HereticByDefault

120,000 Mile Detail

At exactly 119,999 miles, I parked my car in my friend's garage to hit it with claybar and wax to get the paint looking snazzy again. The claybars didn't get too dirty through this entire job, but the car does look refreshed, and it was well worth the time spent. Under some lights
  17. HereticByDefault

3 AM Dog Walker

After a great night of BBQ'ing for the 4th and some time spent with the girlfriend, I'm on my merry way at about 2:30 AM to take her home. I pulled up in front of her house, and we sat in the car for about 30 seconds talking about some random crap. In the middle of one of our sentences, she...
  18. HereticByDefault

Tried some light painting

Forgot to set the ISO low for most of the set, so I only got 3 decent shots lol