GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hey OT, sometimes I'm not the perfect friend.

HereticByDefault

Go Kart Champion
This isn't a cool story, so here.
tl;dr: Have weekly plans with friends that strictly do not include women, this week plans got effed by me helping my girlfriend write paper, took longer than expected, friends are pissed beyond belief. Would you be THAT pissed?

Now if you want any details:

Me and a few friends have a day we like to call "bro-night," which is supposed to be a night that includes none of our girlfriends, and we go eat, play pool, cruise, work on cars, anything and everything; the only stipulation is that the women do their own thing without us.

Normally this is carried out without a hitch. But on a rare night like tonight, there may be a circumstance that causes me to have to delay the plans, or not be included in them.

My girlfriend needed some help with a paper she was writing. Originally, I was just gonna let her stay home and do it on her own, but she seemed like she REALLY needed help, so after being pissed off about the plans getting disrupted, I said fuck it, and picked her up. It is now 11:31 PM, it's not done, and my friends are acting like someone stole the very last twinkie in existence from them mid-bite.

I'd like some opinions on whether my offense warranted that level of rage.

FaLLeNAn9eL

JESUS HATES FLAT TIRE
I'm not trying to be an ass or anything but your friends are the ones that need to grow up. You have your priorities and shit happens. They need to learn that and accept it for what it is. It's not the end of the world if you miss a week and they shouldn't be acting like it is.

That said, they are your friends so just let it slide. People are afraid of change so don't be too harsh on them.

JanK

WilltherealFLATTIREplease
Car(s)
09' MkV GTI
Nah man. Me and my friends have these reserved nights as well. If someone can't make it they just can't. We understand. Make your friends understand that this needed to be a priority and be seen through. Their hate is unwarranted IMO.

RevoGLI

i <3 canada land
Car(s)
2006 GLI
I'm not trying to be an ass or anything but your friends are the ones that need to grow up. You have your priorities and shit happens. They need to learn that and accept it for what it is. It's not the end of the world if you miss a week and they shouldn't be acting like it is.

That said, they are your friends so just let it slide. People are afraid of change so don't be too harsh on them.

couldn't have said it better

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE

couldn't have said it better

Yeah seriously, what the hell...

HereticByDefault

Go Kart Champion
I'm glad I'm not alone. I can understand their frustration cause we dont see each other much otherwise, but we all have our own stuff going on.

Anyway, thanks for the responses guys.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

hairyblackrabbit

Powerful like a gorilla
Your friends are gay

Like cant bear to be without you let's roll in purple rav4s and watch the birdcage gay.

And there's nothing wrong with that.

A1an

Hellafunctional
You just screwed up the bromantic plans for that evening. They have every reason to be pissed and make you a bottom next time.

lightningjack

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
09 GTI
I'm guessing you're all on the young side? Mid 20's or less? Just wait until you all start to get married and people start having kids. Then the laughing stops!

I get it, and it's great that you can even do something like that weekly, but they need to relax. Life happens. If half of my friends and I can get together once a month it's a miracle. If someone has to bail, it is what it is. We get it, so should your friends.

I'd be more pissed if you brought your girl along than if you bailed to stay home with her.

i hug trees

Banned
I'm guessing you're all on the young side? Mid 20's or less? Just wait until you all start to get married and people start having kids. Then the laughing stops!

I get it, and it's great that you can even do something like that weekly, but they need to relax. Life happens. If half of my friends and I can get together once a month it's a miracle. If someone has to bail, it is what it is. We get it, so should your friends.

I'd be more pissed if you brought your girl along than if you bailed to stay home with her.

this x312390213982139032180912

RevoGLI

i <3 canada land
Car(s)
2006 GLI
all my friends are really big into raving. i don't mind edm, but i would never spend money to stand around to hear it. therefore i don't go "raving".

recently we've been grinding gears because of my lack of attendance. if they aren't raving, they are talking about raving, or debating which obscure artist is the best. i just end up sitting and staring at my phone until 3am. i do this because i want an excuse to leave. even then, they grief me for leaving.

maybe it's me, but apparently my "excuses" for my lack of attendance demands explanation. it seems that i have to defend my actions. "well you're not doing anything tomorrow" and "you don't have to get up until 8am," etc. it also seems that i am the only one getting grief, everybody else seems to get slack. it's only gotten like this in the past 4 years or so when they found raves.

sorry i'm not a immature fuckbag who likes obscure edm.

"dude, its not obscure, why don't you like it?" IF IT'S NOT OBSCURE, THEN WHO THE FUCK IS DJ KRISPY NOOODLES????