GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. B

New member to the MKV community

A couple of months ago I got pulled over by a member of the local constabulary. He was driving a blue falcon and for some reason I remember the plates. They were "RYW22". They were a set of the PPQ V8 ones, with the flames. Anyhoo.... This morning, on my way to work I saw the same plates. On...
  2. B

How to spend a Saturday (large pictures)

Three hours, about $150 and a bucket load of elbow grease.... I washed with an alkaline detergent (the Americans use "Dawn") and then clay bar. For a new car the clay picks up a bucket of garbage. I then polished with the Zaino Z5 Pro. Buffing with a decent polish is fairly easy and doesn't...
  3. B

That seems odd.....

With the recent discussions regarding Fuel Consumption, I have started driving around with the "l/100kms" showing on the MFD. Unfortunately, I get to sit in my car for quite some time every morning and afternoon in peak hour traffic. This afternoon I saw the l/100kms start to tick over UPWARDS...
  4. B

Photos of my new toy!!!

Here are some photos that I have taken of my new GTI. Carpark lighting doesn't do the interior justice. It is the macchiato leather. I am really happy with it. It is an unbelieveable car and beyond everything I remembered of the test drive(s). Maybe because it is now mine......all mine...
  5. B

Delivery Stuff Up

The dealer has made a bit of a boo boo on my car. I was due to pick it up today, but I get a phone call this morning saying my RS 5dr with DSG, Interlagos, Sat Nav, Sun roof and Xenons has been delivered as a CW 5dr with 6MT, Leather, Sun Roof (no Sat Nav or Xenons). The dealer was pretty...
  6. B

Dealers and VINs

I have just been told that my car will arrive in Brisbane on the 20th of August. Based upon the shipping schedules, the Don Juan arrives on he 18th. So the 20th being a Monday is about right. I have asked my dealer to let me know the VIN number. After reading some of the stories about cars in...
  7. B

Alpine Vehicle Hub

I know there is an ICE discussion, but I am looking for some "localised" responses... Has anyone fitted one of the Alpine Vehicle Hub Pro systems? I have a full AV system in my current car and would like to keep the DVD functionality in the Golf. Sat Nav gives me the screen, but I need some...
  8. B

Hi all. I just got word today that my order will be arriving in Brissie on the 20th of August. I ordered it on the 8th of May, so the dealers was pretty close at 3.5 months. I've ordered a Reflex Silver 5 Door with SatNav, Roof and Xenons. I CAN NOT wait. It's like Xmas and Easter eve all...