GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How to spend a Saturday (large pictures)

b00f12

Passed Driver's Ed
Three hours, about $150 and a bucket load of elbow grease....

I washed with an alkaline detergent (the Americans use "Dawn") and then clay bar. For a new car the clay picks up a bucket of garbage.

I then polished with the Zaino Z5 Pro.

Buffing with a decent polish is fairly easy and doesn't take too much effort. Good quality microfibre towels really helped.

Once the polish was gone, I gave the car a spray with the Z6 Cleaner.

This is just like an instant detailer.

I then mixed up the Z2 and ZFX into one of the little bottles. The directions are easy enough but keep saying "use sparingly". As a note to anyone else, about three quarters of one of the little two ounce (us) bottles is enough for three coats. I mistakenly filled it and had to throw some of the polish out, because it can't be used after 12 hours.

I did the Z2/ZFX and Z6 combo three times. The Z6 is really easy once the towel has a build up in it. Just wipe.

Jason.

Last edited:

zz2

VAG expert
Car(s)
GTI V
very nice! i too spend a good portion of my time waxing.... :laugh:

Last edited:

srbsta

Banned
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTI
looks awesome man :drool: wish i learn someday on how to wash a car properly:biggrin:

b00f12

Passed Driver's Ed
very nice and clean mate.

so all those products cost you 150 dollars?

nice

Probably closer to 200, once you buy towels etc.

I got them all from Waxit.com.au. They are very helpful and delivery was really quick. I ordered at about 3.00pm and received the order next day. Brisbane to Brisbane freight is pretty simple, but they turned the order around very fast.

Jason.

carven

Carven
Car(s)
Golf GTI
Did you buy your car from Highway Auto?

Three hours, about $150 and a bucket load of elbow grease....

I washed with an alkaline detergent (the Americans use "Dawn") and then clay bar. For a new car the clay picks up a bucket of garbage.

I then polished with the Zaino Z5 Pro.

Buffing with a decent polish is fairly easy and doesn't take too much effort. Good quality microfibre towels really helped.

Once the polish was gone, I gave the car a spray with the Z6 Cleaner.

This is just like an instant detailer.

I then mixed up the Z2 and ZFX into one of the little bottles. The directions are easy enough but keep saying "use sparingly". As a note to anyone else, about three quarters of one of the little two ounce (us) bottles is enough for three coats. I mistakenly filled it and had to throw some of the polish out, because it can't be used after 12 hours.

I did the Z2/ZFX and Z6 combo three times. The Z6 is really easy once the towel has a build up in it. Just wipe.

Hi Jason,

Great to see someone who brought a GTI from the same dealer in Brisbane. Mine is also a 5dr, Reflex Silver, DSG, Leather (different to yours) and a sunroof. Yours looks so great with the sat-nav, Xenon and parking sensor. Did your order all these from Highway Auto Group? (I brought mine from Dan, he is a very very nice guy!)
And I guess you just picked up your car about 3 weeks ago.. because my number plate is 821 instead of yours 813 (KLK). Hope to see u somewhere on Brisbane street!

Carven

zz2

VAG expert
Car(s)
GTI V
OMG your car is so shiny i can see your trambampoline!!!!!!!! thats so awesome!! i still want one so bad... even despite the fact i broke my arm on one in year 2 :biggrin: