GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by SIIIICK08

1. SIIIICK08

2008 Candy White GTI - BIG TURBO/CLEAN

2008 VW GTI FSI 2 door hatchback in Candy White. 6 speed manual transmission. One owner, garage kept, TLC, non-smoker, no rust, no accidents, clean title, spare keyless entry. I purchased this car new in July, 2008 at Chapman VW in Scottsdale, AZ. - Power Moon Roof, power door locks, power...
  2. SIIIICK08

HPFP Seal Failure?

Any anyone had their APR HPFP seals fail? My mechanic thinks I have this problem cuz my oil smells like gas & notice smoke out of the exhaust upon acceleration.
  3. SIIIICK08

Golf seems to be running at par.

Just recently neck & neck with a Chrysler SRT8 & new Boxster S from 2nd through 4th. Considering my car doesn't run at its best in 110 degree F weather. Can't complain on a 106k stock bottom end with conservative tune. Pushing for forged internals & more aggressive tune by winter. :thumbsup:
  4. SIIIICK08

Is this normal boost?

When full throttle, my boost gauge spikes to 25PSI then quickly drops & stays at 16PSI. Seems pretty consistent just not sure if this is normal for GT28 GIAC tune. Stock bottom end BTW.
  5. SIIIICK08

GIAC w/ Internals

Spoke to GIAC asking about an aggressive tune after installing piston/rods. Shortly after checking I was mentioned that my car already has that file and that the forged internals are lighter than the OEM & that it would spin faster and make more power. Is this true? GIAC suggested their high...
  6. SIIIICK08

Golf R Boost Pressure Sensor

Anyone running a Golf R boost pressure sensor for their tuned or BT GTI? I was told that tuners recommended this because it reads higher boost than the stock sensor & better regulates the amount of fuel needed.
  7. SIIIICK08

New Tires

Looking for sticky tires that will last. Suggestions?
  8. SIIIICK08

IT'S ABOUT TIME! LSD

Time to replace my 2nd FX400 clutch. Both seemed to last >15k miles. This time is special because now I have the opportunity to swap in a diff! I am going for Peloquin because they include ARP bolts all for under a grand. Thanks to Kevin from CM, he remembered my previous clutch order that went...
  9. SIIIICK08

Raceland to H&R Coilovers

Right now I have Raceland Ultimo Coilovers. Had them for 18 months now and seemed like a good idea at the time cuz they were only $400 and gives me a nice stance. The car is very bumpy, extreme wheel hop & my wife hates riding in it too. I was considering swapping then out to H&R ultra low...
  10. SIIIICK08

Excessive black carbon.

I'm to the point where I just wanna get rid of my car. The car pours out a shit ton of soot/carbon from the exhaust. I pretty much have to wipe the rear every time and sometimes sprays on my garage floor. Also every time I get on it there's always a cloud of smoke. People behind me say it looks...
  11. SIIIICK08

Same low beam bulb keeps going out.

Got a new pair of bulbs because one bulb kept flickering off after hitting a bump or taking a sharp turn. Now after taking a few trips in the car (maybe the 3rd trip) one of the bulbs do not turn on. After the car cools down a little it seems to be working again. The bulb never goes out when...
  12. SIIIICK08

Cylinder Wall Coating

I read on an audi forum that the FSI engine has a special graphite coating on the cylinder walls that helps reduce cylinder wear. And that honing or boring removes this coating. Whats the situation when I get new pistons and need to hone the cylinder walls?
  13. SIIIICK08

10.5:1 or 9.5:1 CR

I plan on keeping 82.5mm bore but still deciding on CR. I had a similar thread a few months back but again I plan on upgrading my GT28 to a GT30+. Can I still get close to the 400whp range with my GT2871R using 9.5:1 CR? I want to prevent knock & also plan on using WM on a daily basis.
  14. SIIIICK08

Stock Head HP rating??

Any one know how much HP the FSI stock HEAD & its internals are rated to??? Or is it based more on RPM???
  15. SIIIICK08

Piston Break In Period

With new pistons installed, what's the process for breaking in the piston rings before beating on it? (Break in oil, milage, etc.)