GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by DonHowson

1. D

Headliner

Can anyone recommend someone in the DALLAS-FORT WORTH area to replace the headliner in my 2009 GTI? Too big of a job for me! Thanks. .../don
  2. D

A/C Expansion Valve

I have a 2009 GTI. Could someone please tell me if the a/c expansion valve is accessible from the engine bay, or do you have to pull the dash to get at it? Thanks in advance. .../don
  3. D

FS: H&R Sport Sprinngs for 2006-2009 GTI

I have a set of H&R Sport Springs (H&R Part number 54752) for sale. These are unused still in the factory box. Asking $175 shipped to the lower 48 states. New from ECS, these would be about $230 shipped. Payment by PayPal. Thanks. .../don P.S. Can anyone tell me if these can be fitted to a...
  4. D

Warranty Question

What has been your experience of late with VW voiding warranties? The fuel pump gave out on my 2009 GTI after 22k miles. I have an intake, oil catch can, down pipe, and APR flash (which they might not know about.) Service Advisor says this automatically voids my warranty. My understanding is...
  5. D

APR Stage 2 won't pass emissions test.

I just failed an emissions test. I have an APR 2 tune with an APR DP. I specifically asked about emissions tests, and I was assured it would not be a problem. It is also why I decided to pay extra for a DP with a cat. I just got off the phone with APR, and they tell me I have to have the car...
  6. D

HID Conversion.

Has anyone done an HID conversion of the halogen H7 "inner" high beams? I have a 2009 GTI with the inner high beams enabled. Talking with the HID conversion suppliers is turning into a frustrating experience. I can never get a straight answer on whether I need an additional wiring harness...
  7. D

Inner high beams power upply question.

The fog lights on our cars have what is referred to as a pulsed voltage. This is what allows us in VAGCOM to control the brightness when they are used as DRL. Can any one tell me if the inner (halogen) high beams have a similar pulsed voltage? Since VAGCOM does not provide a brightness...
  8. D

Ug! City Light "Missing in Action"

I was replacing my city lights and one of the bulbs came out of the socket and fell inside housing. Have I got any chance of retrieving it? .../don
  9. D

Rear overhead light removal.

Can any one tell me how to remove the rear overhead (dome) light fixture? Not just the cover. The whole thing. I suspect it is just pulled out some way, but I didn't want to force it. There is probably one side that need to be pulled first (i.e. front, back, side.) thanks. .../don
  10. D

55W HID

Has anyone converted their stock 35W HID's to 55W? If so what was your experience doing this? What conversion kit did you use? Thanks. .../don
  11. D

Replacement Bulb. Grrrrrr!

I finally got around to installing some bulbs I ordered from interiorxenon.com that I had order a few months back. (I was out of commission for a few months having a couple of hips replaced.) These were supposed to be hyper white, super bright, blah, blah, blah. I replaced one city light so I...
  12. D

VAGCOM

Ok, I'm going to buy a VAGCOM. Is the HEX+CAN interface worth the extra the $100? .../don
  13. D

Emptied my catch can...

I emptied my BSH catch can for the first time last night. It was completely full after only 2K miles. 1) Does anyone have a clever way of emptying the can without making a mess? I have small hands and skinny arms and still had a tough time holding a plastic bottle in place, then trying to...
  14. D

Nokya Bulbs Wattage

I bought a pair of Nokya bulbs. The package and web site says they are 70 W, but the base of the bulb says 55W. Can anyone explain this? Is my electrical system pulling 55 or 70 watts? Thanks. .../don
  15. D

DSG Recall

I finally got the recall notice for the DSG problem which causes it to go into neutral. They say it is due to faulty wiring to the DSG oil temperature sensor causing it to read an over heating condition which results in the clutch disengaging. This is no surprise and many owners have had this...