GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HID Conversion.

DonHowson

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 GTI
Has anyone done an HID conversion of the halogen H7 "inner" high beams?

I have a 2009 GTI with the inner high beams enabled.

Talking with the HID conversion suppliers is turning into a frustrating experience. I can never get a straight answer on whether I need an additional wiring harness, error canceler, capacitors, resistors... the list goes on.

I have talked with two suppliers, and neither can say what exactly is needed.

Has anyone done this? Is a wiring harness alone enough for a MKV? (Seems like this is required as a minimum.) Is an error canceler also needed? I have VAGCOM for anything needed there.

Thanks in advance for any help.

.../don

Xenor

Clean Freak
Car(s)
GTI
I would imagine you can order an H7 HID kit from VVME.com and it would plug right in. I have their 9006 kit, 3000k yellow, in my fogs and the only thing I had to do was adjust the output in vagcom to 100%. You probably won't even need to do that with the FTP lights.

Let us know if it works.

TornadoFast09

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MkV GTI
i wouldnt recommend putting HIDs in the FTPs. HIDs aren't supposed to be turned on and off suddenly and it will kill the life of the bulb..

i agree it would look cool though

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Car(s)
VW GTI MKVI
I've thought about doing the H7s in HID... but they take a couple secs to warm up defeating the purpose of instant high beams. I have done it before with another car though. Out in the country, you will have crazy awesome night vision.