GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by amrjon

1. amrjon

Heavy duty sway bar end links

Anyone using them? any reviews, anything to share? A quick search has turned up BSH, powergrnd and whiteline . Are there any others? Seeking any info because, BSH mentions utmost performance ... at the possible expense of some audible clatter on some swaybar/rideheight combinations and...
  2. amrjon

VW Car Light Led Chrome Waterproof Lamp Emblem White

OK, who's going to be the first to install one of these?
  3. amrjon

ipod apps

My daughter got an ipod touch for christmas, if I were to say 'borrow it' for mucking around in the car which apps should I be looking at? I've heard of dynolicious a few times, its it worth a go? what sort of accuracy does it deliver? any others similar worth taking a look at?
  4. amrjon

German tuner makes a Volkswagen Golf GTI more powerful than a Porsche 911 Carrera S

This story caught my eye this morning. http://www.evo.co.uk/news/evonews/246010/380bhp_vw_golf_gti.html says nothing about how well it puts the power down, but 380bhp sounds nice.
  5. amrjon

Will the mk6 be the MOTOR performance car of the year?

No. I read the article last night, looking forward to the enjoying reading all the usual praises they GTI gets from the motoring press, but was a bit disappointed. They certainly don't write the car off, love the quality etc, but the general theme of the write up is really nice car but ...
  6. amrjon

how to mod a 1.8T

Check this out ... for a laugh. .......he figured it'd be OK as long as we didn't make boost and it get sucked in the turbo.........
  7. amrjon

MOTOR hot tuner VW's

I won't give the game away, I'll just say MK5 fans should go out a get a copy of MOTOR. Well done guys and MASSIVE credit to you for your efforts.
  8. amrjon

DSG recall in US

Apologies if this is a repost? I wonder what models/years etc this corresponds to for us? euro tuner edmunds http://www.wwaytv3.com/node/17854 US news site
  9. amrjon

AUDI S3 – MTM

Someone I know is selling his S3 It’s a very impressive car with some premium upgrades, immaculate condition and only 12K on the clock. Very nice. If anyone is interested I can pass on contact details. Vehicle 2007 AUDI S3 8P QUATTRO Price $60,000 Neg Kilometres 12,074 Colour Black with...
  10. amrjon

Shipping from OEM plus

Shipping from OEM plus. I've been looking at a couple of items from these sites. But shipping is ridiculous. Even items the size of a pack of cigs are coming up as $32US Their prices seem OK, their local shipping rates seems reasonable, but A dash trim I'm looking at (approx 20x30x1cm and...
  11. amrjon

Cheap brembos for Golf (fakes)

Ha - check out these. Fake brake cover things How sad is that.
  12. amrjon

08 hot hatch sales figures

From current Issue of MOTOR. MKV's still popular. VW going pretty well overall too.
  13. amrjon

motor review of new GTI engine

well sort of. Short story in new motor on the audi A4 2.0T quattro. Reported to have the same engine at the next GTI. Report is brief but full of praise for the engine. 155kw/350Nm. just FYI.
  14. amrjon

mkv wiki

came across this, could be a useful link for reference http://www.mkv-gti.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page hope its not a re-post
  15. amrjon

LED DRL / Fog lights

I posted this in the Aus section a little while ago, but thought I'd post here too. I bought some of these 18 SMD 'Xenon White' LED 'bulbs' to try in the the fog / DRLs, along with some matching LED parkers. Install was a simple 'plug in', but initially the car detected both sets of LEDs as...